"Session is active" problem

Having trouble installing serendipity?
Stuart Tannehill
Regular

"Session is active" problem

Post by Stuart Tannehill »

I just set up Serendipity (for second blog on a remote server... I like it) but at the top I get a warning about: "A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time." It is in serendipity_config.inc.php line 12

I have Googled for this but have not found a solution that applies to a situation where you don't have access to php.ini. If anyone has a solution I would LOVE to hear it. The server is running PHP5 so that may be where the problem lies (I've never had this issue with PHP4).

If you wish to see it for yourself go here: http://gaoshan.dotgeek.org/serendipity/

-ST
MsMittens
Regular

Post by MsMittens »

PHP Bugs seems to have reference to it in earlier versions (4.3.3) so I'd hazard to guess that the error is continuing through to PHP 5
Stuart Tannehill
Regular

that bug

Post by Stuart Tannehill »

Yeah, I saw that post.

The difference for me is that while that guy's is intermittent, my is 24/7. I was kind of suspecting it has something to do with a php.ini setting (in php5) but hoping that the Serendipity folks would say, "Oh, that is an easy one. Just do x to y and it will be fixed".

I don't have access to the php.ini file. :o(
battez

workaround

Post by battez »

hi - i had the same problem on a php 5 install. I editeed the file where it say s the session thing is set. Just add a @ before the command on line 12

e..g instead of ini(........
put @ini(....

on line 12 of the file.

In php this will suppress a warning. Things seem to be working ok, although I am not sure yet.