Select the plugin which you wish to install does not work

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
Superteddy
Regular

Select the plugin which you wish to install does not work

Post by Superteddy »

Code: Select all

Select the plugin which you wish to install

Trying to open URL http://netmirror.org/mirror/serendipity/package_sidebar.xml...
Cannot write to file templates_c/package_sidebar.xml.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in .../serendipity/plugins/serendipity_event_spartacus/serendipity_event_spartacus.php on line 206
Plugin 	Action
worked fine and then just poof... didnt work anymore.

Only thing i have done is copy the template folder " standard " and renamed it. Uploaded it and configureing it now,...

Cheers,
Bernt S
tadpole
Regular

Post by tadpole »

Sounds like a problem with permissions... make sure your web server is allowed to write to that file (and the whole templates_c directory).
Superteddy
Regular

Post by Superteddy »

yeah looks like its permissions.... its only the posh template files ( the one im making ) that has this problem, but even if i change skin i cant fix it. mabye i have to try to delete the posh folder and try then.
Superteddy
Regular

Post by Superteddy »

an update to this problem.

After trying to delete the posh folder i made nothing happend.
I did a complete reinstall off Serendipity and it all worked fine. Just as the time before i got the same problem..

Had a look around and found out that there are alot of files in the template_C folder that are called

default^%%BA^BAE^BAEF7311%%entries.tpl.php
default^%%B7^B79^B79D30ED%%comments.tpl.php
default^%%9E^9E5^9E53B64F%%commentform.tpl.php
and so on..
When i look at there CHMOD they are all 644. If i try to add the execute by owner ( 744 ) i get this error message from the FTP program

SITE CHMOD 744 default^%%3F^3F8^3F89E573%%index.tpl.php
550 Could not change perms on default^%%3F^3F8^3F89E573%%index.tpl.php: Bad file descriptor
In the admin panel i get this error when i press one of the plugins.

Cannot write to directory /home/lepus1/public_html/blog//plugins/. Please check the permissions.Error: serendipity_event_contactform:3c6b96313cbed0530972766bc4fa300c (serendipity_event_contactform)

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/lepus1/public_html/blog/include/admin/plugins.inc.php on line 665
Hope anyone can help with this,

Cheers,
Bernt S
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

The first error you get is because your FTP programm has problems with files containing a "%". Use a better client for this. You may even need to switch the FTP server software as some FTP servers do not support "%".

The last problem can definitely only happen if your plugins/ directory is not 777.

Best regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
Superteddy
Regular

Post by Superteddy »

thanks Gavin, im gonna DL Cuteftp and try there :)

Cheers,
Bernt S
Superteddy
Regular

Post by Superteddy »

quick update again.. changing to CuteFTP didnt help. Sent a mail to my provider and im getting him to see if there may be something on his side..

Cheers,
Bernt S