Is this allowed? Requesting a Theme Please.

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
anannsul
Regular

Is this allowed? Requesting a Theme Please.

Post by anannsul »

So, I had lost my previous website due to some unforeseen circumstances. Now I think I want a full normal blog website.

The only issue is I would require a probably quite simple layout for it. Okay okay I'll just get straight to the point.

Is there anyone out there, willing to create this for me..... for free? :D

Just the coding... I already created the layout (as it was the old look of my old website)

Template Found Here my css files might have many duplicates cuz i usually test a lot.. then give up.. then when i come back i usually forget what i wasn't using anymore. XD

[ Blog ]
Don Chambers
Regular

Re: Is this allowed? Requesting a Theme Please.

Post by Don Chambers »

There is nothing wrong with requesting assistance. I personally think such a template would be very easy to create in serendipity. I don't personally have any time for a free project, but perhaps someone else does.
=Don=
anannsul
Regular

Post by anannsul »

I am sure it's pretty easy, but alas I do not really have the time to learn smarty... x.x Otherwise I would have done this myself.

I at least would like to thank you for taking the time to read my thread. :)
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!

You don't really need to learn smarty! Your template can actually achieved with CSS only; you could use the bulletproof template as a starting point (if you want high complexity and many things you can do via the template options in a menu), or even the default template's CSS to push it into your direction...

Of course I hope someone volunteers to do your work, but such free work for a very customized template to one's likiing is not very common nowadays. :-)

Best regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
anannsul
Regular

Post by anannsul »

Well, with today's economy (at least in America) I could completely understand why. Although, I would be greatly appreciative of anyone taking the time to do my template. If I had the money I would gladly offer payment. But alas... No money for me. ._.

I suppose I could attempt to do the layout myself... although I will still be looking for anyone who is willing to volunteer to do it for me.
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!

I'm currently really swamped with work, but will have vacation starting mid-december. If by then you'd still like someone to simply implement your template, I could sure give it a try and document it here for others to see how simple a layout like your's should be applicable.

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
anannsul
Regular

Post by anannsul »

o: Garvin, that would be amazing! I'm pretty swamped with classwork myself and for now I'm just focusing on content rather then layout. Bulletproof purple layout is something I'm content with for now. XD

But yeah, Mid-December, that would be great!