Images

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
deemurphy

Images

Post by deemurphy »

1. How can I as the administrator add images to my blog that will stay on the blog?
2. How can we see all the templates and plugins that are in our directories, so we can try them?

Thank you
LadyDee :?
yellowled
Regular

Re: Images

Post by yellowled »

deemurphy wrote:1. How can I as the administrator add images to my blog that will stay on the blog?
I guess you're looking for "Media" -> "Add media" in the s9y admin backend. That's the s9y media database, which is usually used to add any kind of media to be included in blog posts.
deemurphy wrote:2. How can we see all the templates and plugins that are in our directories, so we can try them?
s9y admin backend -> "Appearance" -> "Manage Styles" or "Configure Plugins".

YL
deemurphy

Post by deemurphy »

On the images, I had done what you said, but I can not see the image on the blog. I would like to add images to the categories and to the top of the blog.

On the templates and plugins, I did what you stated before and again now, but I do not see all the templates and plugins that are in the directories for them.

Thank you
LadyDee
ju
Regular

Post by ju »

> How can we see all the templates and plugins that are in our directories, so we can try them?

do you have access to the directories? (via ftp, ssh, sftp, whatever) just go to the directory and use a command like "dir" or "ls".

if you want to try *new* plugins or templates you have to look in http://spartacus.s9y.org/
or in you own blog (provided that you have installed spratacus) s9y admin backend -> "Appearance" -> "Manage Styles" or "Configure Plugins" -> "Click here to install a new sidebar plugin"

s9y admin backend -> "Appearance" -> "Manage Styles" or "Configure Plugins" -> "Click here to install a new event plugin"

in s9y admin backend -> "Appearance" -> "Manage Styles" just scroll down to see all templates
deemurphy

Post by deemurphy »

In the plugins I have 63 directories, going into the admin it states I only have 33.

In templates I have 35 directories, going into the admin it staes I only have 30.

Thanks
LadyDee
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

Which number are you counting? Serendipity has nor really a display for showing the number of directories in the plugin-directory or the number of plugins downloaded. In the administration, it only shows the number of installed plugins. A directory containing a plugin is not necessarily installed.

Try to install a plugin. In the list you'll see which plugins are available and which already are downloaded. Remember that we distinguish between sidebar and event-plugins -> there are two lists. If you disable spartacus before that, only the already downloaded plugins should be displayed (and than there is a number at the bottom of the lists).