Mobile plugin - bug

Creating and modifying plugins.
djgrrr
Regular

Mobile plugin - bug

Post by djgrrr »

When testing the iPhone feed (via user agent switcher) I got the following error:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/MYSITE/public_html/MYSITE.com/blog/plugins/serendipity_event_mobile_output/serendipity_event_mobile_output.php on line 308

It would seem to me that this is a missed exception catch since I currently am using no categories. I will add a category or two and retest to confirm this suspicion.

The code in question is the foreach() loop in the assignCategories() function...
djgrrr
Regular

Re: Mobile plugin - bug

Post by djgrrr »

My thinking was correct. I now have a working iPhone mobile site, but with no content since I added a category, but did not assign and posts to the category (all posts are still "no category").

My next test will be to assign at least one post to a category...
djgrrr
Regular

Post by djgrrr »

So I assiged one of the 2 existing test posts to a category, but nothing is showing up in the iPhone formatted site.

My text test will be to assign both (all) posts to a category...
djgrrr
Regular

Post by djgrrr »

Okay - still no content showing up for iPhone.

Am I missing something? Is there a sidebar or companion plugin that needs to be installed alongside the Mobile plugin?
djgrrr
Regular

Post by djgrrr »

Alright...

Thanks to this other post I've got it to work as (i think) intended.

http://board.s9y.org/viewtopic.php?f=4& ... lit=mobile

The bug with no categories probably still exists. Now to tackle this blackberry bug...
djgrrr
Regular

Post by djgrrr »

Ah... adding these missing files (which did not get installed by Spartacus) also solved the Blackberry output problem. 2 birds / 1 stone.
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!

Sorry we were not around helping you on this, but I want to drop in to say a huge thanks for documenting your findings here, they will surely be useful for people in the future.

Does the "no category" problem still exist?
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
akremedy
Regular

Post by akremedy »

Can you be more specific about the missing category on the iPhone problem? I can't tell for sure if your posts aren't showing up with categories as you read them on the iPhone, or if the categories aren't showing up when you try to author a new post via the iPhone.

I've tried both BlogPress and BlogWriter for authoring new blog entries from the iPhone. Neither app shows me categories, in fact, BlogPress just crashes when I try to select one. BlogWriter gives me as many "blank" lines as I have setup for categories, so I know it's at least getting the count, just not the content.

Neither app claims to work with S9Y, but both are supposed to work leveraging generic interfaces (XMLRPC).

I sent a note once to the author of BlogPress who said he would look into S9Y and stating official support, but haven't heard back.

This might be totally off-topic from what you're having a problem with, so apologies if I've hijacked your thread.

Adam