Problem with serendipity_config.inc.php during installation

Having trouble installing serendipity?
Saavik
Regular

Problem with serendipity_config.inc.php during installation

Post by Saavik »

Hi,

I just tried the simple installation of serendipity. After I solved the initial connection troubles I had I pressed the 'complete installation' button and got this messages:

Code: Select all

Warning: Unterminated comment starting line 2 in /*/serendipity/serendipity_config_local.inc.php on line 2

Fatal error: Call to undefined function serendipity_db_connect() in /*/serendipity/serendipity_config.inc.php on line 261"
I could solve the warning by editing the serendipity_config_local.inc.php, but I don't think that this is the reason for the following fatal error... :(

Is there any standard mistake that I could have made to cause this error?

Used version: last stable
Used database: postgres 8.3
Used php version: Php5

Any help appreciated.

Greetings
Saavik
Don Chambers
Regular

Re: Problem with serendipity_config.inc.php during installation

Post by Don Chambers »

You can try again by deleting the file serendipity_config_local.inc.php... serendipity will be unaware of your previous attempt and will begin the installation procedure again.

I have personally never encountered that error, but it sounds like an error connecting to the database.
=Don=
Saavik
Regular

Post by Saavik »

You can try again by deleting the file serendipity_config_local.inc.php... serendipity will be unaware of your previous attempt and will begin the installation procedure again.
Thx. :D

Tried it again.
When pressing 'complete installation' it tries to download a serendipity_admin.php. When I save that it doesn't contain anything.

Btw: Nothing changes on the page after pressing the installation button...

Just for fun I renamed the serendipity_admin.php on the server and replaced it with the empty on... But now I get an empty page on calling the serendipity_admin.php. Great. ;)
By calling the original admin.php I get the already mentioned error. :(

but it sounds like an error connecting to the database.
I call the database with the servers IP. The database is running and listens to incoming requests. What else could I have forgotten...? *thinking*
I'll try to connect to the database with my local pgAdmin later... If I'll get a error message there I'll may be closer to solving that problem...
Saavik
Regular

Post by Saavik »

Database communication between Apache and Postgres over php works...

Tried it with this code:

<?php
                $user = user;
                $password = '****';

@ $db = pg_connect("host=127.0.0.1 port=5432 dbname=serendipity user=$user password=$password");

if (!$db){echo error;}

echo pg_dbname();
        ?>
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!

When it offers you to download serendipity_admin.php that means a PHP segfault happens. Check your syslog/apache core log for segmentation faults or fatal error messages.

Whic DB type are you selecting to use postgre? PostgreSQL, oder PDO-Postgresql?

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
Saavik
Regular

Post by Saavik »

PostgreSQL, oder PDO-Postgresql?
Tried both with the same result...

Wow... Wasn't sure what to look for in the error logs and so I tried the installation again...
Well... on my laptop this time... and suddenly I get more detailed error messages!

Prüfe, ob Datenbank und Tabellen bereits bestehen ...... Positiv, werde Datenbank nicht erneut erzeugen

Versuche, die Datei '.htaccess' zu erstellen......
Database and .htaccess have been created.

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No address associated with hostname in /var/www/serendipity/include/functions_installer.inc.php on line 820

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to MYHOSTNAME:80 (Unknown error) in /var/www/serendipity/include/functions_installer.inc.php on line 820
Fertig
OK... Better than the previous error message.

Fatal error: date() [<a href='function.date'>function.date</a>]: Timezone database is corrupt - this should *never* happen! in /var/www/serendipity/include/functions_installer.inc.php on line 102
?

This is in the database error log:

2009-12-01 22:55:38 CET LOG:  could not accept SSL connection: EOF detected
Nothing in the apache log. Except the favicon- error.
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!

Fatal error: date() [<a href='function.date'>function.date</a>]: Timezone database is corrupt - this should *never* happen! in /var/www/serendipity/include/functions_installer.inc.php on line 102
This comes from PHP itself, not from Serendipity. Seems like your PHP version is corrupt, you might need to ask the php.net support or reinstall PHP...

HTH,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
Saavik
Regular

Post by Saavik »

This comes from PHP itself, not from Serendipity. Seems like your PHP version is corrupt, you might need to ask the php.net support or reinstall PHP...
Thx, for your help. :)

It was my configuration and not Serendipity that caused the error. Thought I had thought of everything... But with a little help from someone I found my mistake.

The timezone problem prevented the blog from being installed. My blog is now up. :)