Increase blog width in i3theme

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
MadFly
Regular

Increase blog width in i3theme

Post by MadFly »

Hi All!

Is there a way that i can increase the width of the blog on the i3theme? And perhaps the sidebars as well. I would like the blog width to be increased by maybe 20% and the sidebars by something like 10%?

Should i edit the style.css?

Would i loose all custom settings on i3theme if i install another theme, and make some changes to it, and then later install the i3theme again?
yellowled
Regular

Re: Increase blog width in i3theme

Post by yellowled »

MadFly wrote:Is there a way that i can increase the width of the blog on the i3theme? And perhaps the sidebars as well. I would like the blog width to be increased by maybe 20% and the sidebars by something like 10%?
You could do that easily by simply increasing the width for those elements. BUT.

The background graphics for the i3theme are tailored for the current width, i.e. if you increased the widths of the elemements, their background graphics would no longer fit. I'm not sure, but it's entirely possible that the javascript for drag 'n' drop in the sidebars might also fail.
MadFly wrote:Would i loose all custom settings on i3theme if i install another theme, and make some changes to it, and then later install the i3theme again?
If by "custom settings" you mean the theme options, i.e. navbar links -- no, they should be saved somewhere in the database.

BTW, a discussion like this really fits better in the Themes forum.

YL
Don Chambers
Regular

Re: Increase blog width in i3theme

Post by Don Chambers »

... moved... :wink:
=Don=