function ereg()

Found a bug? Tell us!!
dilviel
Regular

function ereg()

Post by dilviel »

Hello there,

my S9Y is doing funny things. Whenever I try to use a template, it gives me the error message:
Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in X:\Programme\xampp\htdocs\blog\include\functions.inc.php on line 225
Due to this, the templates look like crap. At least I guess that it's because of this.

Ingredients:
XAMPP for Windows Version 1.7.2
Windows 5.1 Build 2600 Platform 2 Service Pack 3
PHP Version 5.3.0
latest S9Y-Snapshot (Build 1.5-beta2), as working only with Serendipity 1.4.1 didn't work (blank page once the installation should've been finished).

I need help.

greetings
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: function ereg()

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!

The latest PHP version has deprecated many functions that s9y relied on in previous versions. If you can see on blog.s9y.org, we currently have a beta version that tries to be compatible with PHP 5.3.0 in terms of verbose error reporting.

We need feedback like yours, and I was able to catch that ereg() call and will replace it in the snapshot that will be up today (hopefully, but tomorrow at the latest).

If you want, you can apply those patches here manually: http://svn.berlios.de/viewcvs/serendipi ... ision=2582

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
dilviel
Regular

Post by dilviel »

Hello again,

Thanks for the immediate help, but I'm afraid I must say that my blog is doing even more funny things now *g*
I inserted the files and... it instantly looked better. Thing is that now I can't change templates at all. I had chosen "Splat!" and now, whenever I choose another template, the only things that change are the measurements. The template itself stays.

It also gives me new error messages now, on the Admin site, just above all the options:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at X:\Programme\xampp\htdocs\blog\include\functions.inc.php:2) in X:\Programme\xampp\htdocs\blog\include\functions_config.inc.php on line 696 (3 times in a row)

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at X:\Programme\xampp\htdocs\blog\include\functions.inc.php:2) in X:\Programme\xampp\htdocs\blog\serendipity_admin.php on line 11

Should I just wait for the snapshot? *g*

Regards,
dilviel
dilviel
Regular

Post by dilviel »

Me again,

and... when I try to login I now get even more error messages:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at X:\Programme\xampp\htdocs\blog\include\functions.inc.php:2) in X:\Programme\xampp\htdocs\blog\serendipity_admin.php on line 11

Warning: session_regenerate_id() [function.session-regenerate-id]: Cannot regenerate session id - headers already sent in X:\Programme\xampp\htdocs\blog\include\functions_config.inc.php on line 354

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at X:\Programme\xampp\htdocs\blog\include\functions.inc.php:2) in X:\Programme\xampp\htdocs\blog\include\functions_config.inc.php on line 355

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at X:\Programme\xampp\htdocs\blog\include\functions.inc.php:2) in X:\Programme\xampp\htdocs\blog\include\functions_config.inc.php on line 724 (2 times in a row)

...sorry... :?

Regards,
dilviel
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!

Seems you edited the functions.inc.php file but introduced a blank space at the top of the file. No character is allowed to be before the first <?php. Make sure your editor does not save the file in UTF-8 BOM header format, use ISO-8859-1 instead.

HTH,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
Mangek
Regular

Post by Mangek »

dilviel wrote:...and now, whenever I choose another template, the only things that change are the measurements. The template itself stays..
It's possible that your template is cached and a hard refresh could solve that. Hold ctrl (or the apple-button [I think?] if you're on a mac) and press f5. :-]
dilviel
Regular

Post by dilviel »

Hi there,

Garvin: It worked. Thanks.
Mangek: It worked too. Thanks as well. *g*