Trackbacks - Remove

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
alexa9
Regular

Trackbacks - Remove

Post by alexa9 »

please help
How do I get rid of the "Tracbacks" section at the end of the entry and the comment box.
It makes a wide space which does not look nice, most people don't know what trackbacks
are and get cofused. The people who do know what trackbacks are use them for spam
so I want to get rid of the trackbacks and move the comments box up closer to the blog
entry body - so it looks like Drupal or wordpress and does not have a big space.

I have tried editing the template but no success - please tell me what I should edit - using the Bullitproof Defult Template.

Thanks
TazAnna

Re: Trackbacks - Remove

Post by TazAnna »

alexa9 if you contact me with an email address I will send you a template file that has been changed to remove the trackbacks section, and the link under each article for trackbacks.

The file you need to edit is templates/default/entries.tpl

There are a couple of sections in this file that need to be deleted. I have not tested this fully myself, and maybe someone else would like to confirm this as the only place required to be edited, but it seems to be working fine so far both for viewing and for creating new entries without problem.

Unfortunately this forum will not allow me to attach a .tpl file

edit: if you do alter this file and still wish to use the file verification system without a warning about the integrity of entries.tpl you will need to either comment out or delete line 2298
'templates/default/entries.tpl' => '41e05587c84c3dfa7c851507c4e92192',
in checksums.inc.php
Paul Sture

Post by Paul Sture »

A slightly different requirement from the original request, but at the moment I am trying out Serendipity on my own localhost (a Mac PowerBook). I deliberately don't want trackbacks or pingbacks since it's not publicly accessible.

TazAnna, I am quite happy to test out your changes, I'll drop you a private message with my e-mail.
rewl

Post by rewl »

You might have your own style.css anyway and could just add

Code: Select all

.serendipity_section_trackbacks {
    display: none;
}

Code: Select all

$serendipity['noautodiscovery'] = true;
should be in your serendipity_config_local.inc.php