Resizing not working.

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
pchapman

Resizing not working.

Post by pchapman »

I have a new installation of serendipity. I have uploaded quite a few images into the media library. When i try to create thumbnails, it says Done "(Synchronized 0 images)". and "Done (resized 0 images)." even when I attempt to force it to resize all. I do not understand why. I can see the images in the media library. I have checked the configuration. Thumbnail max size is 110. Thumbnail constrained dimension is "Largest". The installation detected ImageMagick. I am not sure what else to check.
Mangek
Regular

Re: Resizing not working.

Post by Mangek »

You'll have to remove the old thumbnails first. I don't know if it can be done from within Serendipity though, so either by ftp or other such way. :)
pchapman

Post by pchapman »

I do not have any previous thumbnails. All my images are showing up full size, no matter what. Trying to fix that, I tried to force a refresh of the thumbnails, but I get the error above. I have ssh'ed into my server and looked around in the install directory. I see no thumbnails cached there. I didn't see a directory in /tmp. I don't know where else to look.
Mangek
Regular

Post by Mangek »

You'll find them in /uploads/. If you uploaded them via the media library the thumbs should have been created automatically.
pchapman

Post by pchapman »

I see the original images in subdirs of uploads (I created directories for the pictures using the "Manage Directories" feature. I don't see any images other than the ones I uploaded. I did upload them using the media library interface. I don't know. For now, I've just set the width and hight property in the img tags in my entries. Unfortunately, that means a long download time as the images are rather large.
Mangek
Regular

Post by Mangek »

Another question. When you insert the image using the Media [manager]-button, do you have the option to chose between using the thumb or full pic?

(Or do you use the wysiwyg-editor?, in which case I don't know what it looks like).
pchapman

Post by pchapman »

On the admin page, under "Media", I select "Add media". I select the file to upload from my computer, select the directory to put it into, then click "Go". Here is a screenshot of the form I used: http:// papernapkin.org/pastebin/resource/images/imageEntryId/5320

When I insert the image into my blog entry, I use the Media button.
kleinerChemiker
Regular

Post by kleinerChemiker »

So PHP should have write privs in your dir. Try disabling ImageMagic.
judebert
Regular

Post by judebert »

I agree with kleinerChemiker. S9Y should resize your images and provide thumbnails with the extension you picked in your configuration (default "s9yThumb"). If that's not working, maybe ImageMagick is having trouble. I'd switch to GD (also in the configuration page) and try again.

You can also force thumbnail generation by changing the size of the thumbnail or the constrained dimension. S9Y will then attempt to regenerate all the changed thumbs.
Judebert
---
Website | Wishlist | PayPal