Javascript

Having trouble installing serendipity?
RedBaron
Regular

Javascript

Post by RedBaron »

Hi:

Anyone know if theres a plugin that allows javascript in S9Y?

Tried it in an html nugget and strange things happened :oops:

Toodle pip!
yellowled
Regular

Re: Javascript

Post by yellowled »

RedBaron wrote:Tried it in an html nugget and strange things happened
Probably more likely because either some of the JS needs to be masked or maybe it didn't work well with a WYGIWYS editor. Please provide more info on how you tried it.

YL
RedBaron
Regular

Post by RedBaron »

As it turns out, I found an alternative pure html version of the code I was looking for. .. I suppose I'm asking the general question now: Is JS fully compatible, if not, what to look out for, ways to mask / hack etc ?.. initially my simple mind said if theres an html nugget plugin, there's surely a JS variant of that? Could be wrong.

No comments on my exactly HOW simple my mind actually might be ... thanks :)
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

I never got problems when using the html-head-nugget to insert javascript. Only thing possibly interfering I'm aware of are the markup-plugins, which you may deactivate for this plugin. Or you could export the JavaScript into a file and load that one.
sincerely
RedBaron
Regular

Post by RedBaron »

Thanks for the answers - all sorted .. now back to the code

Cheers!
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi rinmazz:

Please give us the URL you are talking about. You can get this message if you wrongfully configured the plugin or files are missing.

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

Yes, there are a few possible ways. One I haven't used yet, but probably the easiest one, is using cookies. See http://www.quirksmode.org/js/cookies.html for an example.
sincerely

PS: That was spam? hmpf -.-
Last edited by onli on Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kleinerChemiker
Regular

Post by kleinerChemiker »

Spam is getting worse. Sometimes its hard to tell if its spam or not, like here. Mostly users with only one post and several links in their signature are spamers.
Garvin: Do you need a valid email to create an account and validate the email with a link in an email?
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

onli wrote:PS: That was spam? hmpf -.-
Looks like you edited your message after it was originally posted... what you cannot see is that there were two other posts that have since been deleted, one by Garvin, and another by kleinerChemiker... both of which were spam posts.... and I believe those are why kleinerChemiker then posted his statement about spam - it does not appear to have been directed at you.

He is correct - there are lots of posts lately in which the author makes a single post (usually), the text of which is somewhat relevant to the topic, but the real objective by the author seems to be one or more links in their signature....
=Don=
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

Yes, I edited my post after I realised the post with the question was deleted because it was spam. I never thought my post was regarded as spam :)
kleinerChemiker
Regular

Post by kleinerChemiker »

if both pages uses the same domain, you could use cookies. if not, store the serialized array in a db that is accessible for both pages.