problems with php5

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
ellisse
Regular

problems with php5

Post by ellisse »

Hi. I'm a S9Y user since 2005. No troubles so far, I updated Serendipity every time and everything worked very well. Now, I've updated my blog to php 5 (a bit late, I know) and problems begin. Now I get an error message like this:

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/html//serendipity_config_local.inc.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/membri) in /membri/ellisse/serendipity_config.inc.php on line 221

line 221 says:

if (file_exists($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . dirname($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) . '/serendipity_config_local.inc.php')) {
$local_config = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . dirname($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) . '/serendipity_config_local.inc.php';
} elseif (defined('S9Y_DATA_PATH')) {

In advance, my spamblock plugin doesn't work properly (captcha no more visible), without any reason. The same happens to my linklist plugin (no more expandable, links not working). Unfortunately, I can't access the php.ini (not allowed by the provider), but I can write a new .htaccess, if necessary.
Ref:
Serendipity 1.3.1
PhP 5.x
MySQL 5.0.51
linklist version 1.13
spam protector version 1.68

What can I do? Thanks
Giacomo
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: problems with php5

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!

Your problem is not PHP5, but the new configuration. your old PHP4 did not use open_basedir restrictions, but you enabled them with PHP5.

Open_basedir restrictions must be set so that your document root is included in this setting, please read up the PHP documentation on the setting. Once you (or your provider, for that matter - if you don't have any PHP access) set it properly, you can use s9y easily again.

Also your provider shoudl check the mod_rewrite option, it looks to me as if this was disabled as well.

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
ellisse
Regular

Re: problems with php5

Post by ellisse »

garvinhicking wrote:Hi!

Your problem is not PHP5, but the new configuration. your old PHP4 did not use open_basedir restrictions, but you enabled them with PHP5.

Open_basedir restrictions must be set so that your document root is included in this setting, please read up the PHP documentation on the setting. Once you (or your provider, for that matter - if you don't have any PHP access) set it properly, you can use s9y easily again.

Also your provider shoudl check the mod_rewrite option, it looks to me as if this was disabled as well.

Regards,
Garvin
thanks. I'll try to follow your advice
Giacomo