Digg rejecting my blog URLs???

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
judebert
Regular

Post by judebert »

I'm willing to believe it's a configuration issue with Serendipity. I've even gone over the code to try and find it, but I'm just not getting it. Everywhere I look, we always return the appropriate header; in fact, when you specifically eliminated all the 404s from the code, we still got a 404. How can we possibly be getting a header we're not actually coding?

I'm reduced to guessing. But I don't have many guesses left. Do you have an actual posts/ directory? Do those invalid URL characters in your .htaccess play a part?

The worst part is that I can't duplicate on my server, so I can't do any of the debugging on my own. Any luck creating a simple example problem that does the same thing, like the stuff I provided before?
Judebert
---
Website | Wishlist | PayPal
psiege
Regular

Post by psiege »

Hi Judebert,

I do not have an actual /posts/ directory. You mention invalid URL characters in my .htaccess, which characters are you referencing.

I could not duplicate with your sample you provided before. This problem ONLY occurs in the /posts/ directory. There are other directories using rewrite rules that do not have the same problem.

Out of curiosity, I looked in the error logs and noticed this:

PHP Warning: uniqid() expects at least 1 parameter, 0 given in /hermes/bosweb/web015/b157/ipw.pcdoctor/public_html/blog/plugins/serendipity_event_karma/serendipity_event_karma.php on line 158

I have no idea if it's related, or what problems that might be causing. I'm grabbing at straws here.
psiege
Regular

Post by psiege »

Ah ha! I've stumbled across something interesting. I was playing with the permalinks in the config for Serendipity.

Here is my current Permalink Entry URL structure:

Code: Select all

posts/%year%/%month%/%day%/%title%/
After changing to this:

Code: Select all

posts/%id%/%year%/%month%/%day%/%title%/
The problem was corrected! All I did was add the id to the permalink. Surely, there must be a fix to prevent me from having to use the id. I'm trying to ensure that my permalinks match my old blog (Wordpress) so that all of our existing links work.

Any ideas now?
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!

I believe I've had a similar report earlier on. Can you try to change the "archives directory" (NOT the archive permalink) and change that from you surely currently have "posts" to something like "postarchive"?

The reason is that if you only have numbers in your first two parts of the URL, serendipity might jump to the archive view instead of the permalink view.

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
psiege
Regular

Post by psiege »

Hi Garvin!

My current "Path to archives" and "Path to archive" are "archives" and "archive". I changed to this long ago. That should be fine, correct? As long as it's not "posts", as you said.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!

Hm, maybe in your case the problem is the other way round? Have you tried setting "archives" to "posts" instead?

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
psiege
Regular

Post by psiege »

I don't believe it, it worked!!!

Thanks Garvin. Now my posts can finally be submitted to Digg!