Qwilm!_V2

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
subberman77
Regular

Qwilm!_V2

Post by subberman77 »

Hey everybody.

At first i would like to thank "yellowled" for the great "port" of the theme Qwilm!

On my first look, the theme is great, but i didnt liked the second sidebar. (sidebar-2) - so i kicked it out. :)

my little changes on the theme:

sidebar2 GONE!
sidebar1 -20px (now 150px width)
content area +170px (now 620px width)
logo space now 150px width

so, now i would like to center the whole theme on the page, but i dont know whre to put in my "center" command.

could anyone put an i on this template to gibe me a hint or maybe the whole solution. :)

@yellowled: das wär doch eine herausforderung für dich. ;)

if you also would like to use my modified theme, just stay tuned, i am doing just some more little changes. ;)

lg
alex
yellowled
Regular

Re: Qwilm!_V2

Post by yellowled »

subberman77 wrote:so, now i would like to center the whole theme on the page, but i dont know whre to put in my "center" command.
What "center command"? What you probably refer to is a deprecated HTML style called text-align: center; which wouldn't even be used anymore these days if it weren't for some stupid creeps who have to still use outdated and broken browsers :twisted:
subberman77 wrote:could anyone put an i on this template to gibe me a hint or maybe the whole solution. :)

@yellowled: das wär doch eine herausforderung für dich. ;)
That's not even a challenge :wink: Adding this to style.css should do the trick:

Code: Select all

body { text-align: center; }

#wrapper {
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right: auto;
    text-align: left;
}
YL
subberman77
Regular

Post by subberman77 »

for sure i used css commands to center the page, but it won't work. i dont know why. :( the layout won't change in my browser. (i also cleared the cache) ;)

i just sent you a PM with my css-code in it to take a look... :)

lg
alex
subberman77
Regular

READY FOR DOWNLOAD!

Post by subberman77 »

Hi everybody.

I just completed the "transformation" of the Qwilm_Reloaded Theme. (Port to s9y by YellowLED)

I kicked out the second sidebar, gave the content area some more space and did some changes to the index.tpl.

It's now possible to place your own FLASH (SWF) file. You only have to edit the path (to YOUR swf-file) at the index.tpl in this theme. quite easy folks! :-)

so...just enjoy!

you can download this theme at my website http://www.16111977.com

(->DOWNLOADMANAGER -> SERENDIPITY)

have fun!

greets
alex