plugin/theme removal

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
monkeymuppet
Regular

plugin/theme removal

Post by monkeymuppet »

Is there a way to, via the web, remove a plugin/theme that you installed? We use spartacus here to install plugins/themes but I can't seem to find something that lets me delete unused ones off the filesystem.

Anyone know if such a thing exists? Did I miss something?
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Open the admin panel. Select "Appearance -> Configure Plugins" (english - you need to translate if using a different language).

Sidebar plugins are listed first, event plugins listed second. Each has a checkbox in the upper left. Select the checkbox, then scroll down for a button labeled "remove ticked plugins" (again, words might be different for a language other than english).
=Don=
monkeymuppet
Regular

Post by monkeymuppet »

Don Chambers wrote:Sidebar plugins are listed first, event plugins listed second. Each has a checkbox in the upper left. Select the checkbox, then scroll down for a button labeled "remove ticked plugins" (again, words might be different for a language other than english).
Hi,

That does not seem to do it. It's gone from the list but it's still there on the filesystem. :/
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

The process I described should remove it from display, and s9y should have no further use of the plugin, but this does not remove it from the file system - you can either leave it on the server, where it should do no harm, or delete it from /plugins/ if you do not want it taking up space. Does that make sense?
=Don=
monkeymuppet
Regular

Post by monkeymuppet »

Don Chambers wrote:The process I described should remove it from display, and s9y should have no further use of the plugin, but this does not remove it from the file system - you can either leave it on the server, where it should do no harm, or delete it from /plugins/ if you do not want it taking up space. Does that make sense?
Yup. I was just wondering if there's a way to get Serendipity to do it for me. I'm creating a blog site for others and I'd like to do so without giving them FTP access to it.
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!

Due to security concerncs, deleting files or editing files form within s9y does not exist.

You could code a plugin for it, of course. :)

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/