Spellcheck 0.3 (beta)

Creating and modifying plugins.
prim8
Regular

Spellcheck 0.3 (beta)

Post by prim8 »

It is still a bit rough, but if anyone is interested in beta testing the spellcheck plugin, it is available for download. Just untar it in your plugins directory and then install the plugin from your s9y admin.

http://prim8.net/files/serendipity_even ... 0.3.tar.gz

The spell checker is based on ajax-spell 2.0.

Known issues:

* You must have PSPELL installed (should work with aspell, but I haven't had a chance to test it, may need some configuration).

* Each time the spell check is run, the 'Entry Body' box seems to grow 1 pixel wider, for some reason not immediately apparent to me. Maybe someone with stronger css-foo will have an idea.

* Check spelling link gets positioned wrong when a post preview displays, may need to go back to relative positioning.

* Some html tags are being (incorrectly) stripped out by the spellcheck.
kidgoo
Regular

Post by kidgoo »

You said it's based on ajax-spell...
Just curious...The link lets you make the textarea larger or smaller...some of that code didn't find its way into the plugin?
prim8
Regular

Post by prim8 »

kidgoo wrote:You said it's based on ajax-spell...
Just curious...The link lets you make the textarea larger or smaller...some of that code didn't find its way into the plugin?
The code is still there, but I didn't have any use for it so I didn't implement. I'll add the links to control this function in the next release.
kidgoo
Regular

Post by kidgoo »

Ahh...I wasn't clear....And I had misunderstood...It wasn't a feature request...there's actually a firefox plugin that will let you resize any textarea....nifty stuff...use it all the time...
Each time the spell check is run, the 'Entry Body' box seems to grow 1 pixel wider, for some reason not immediately apparent to me. Maybe someone with stronger css-foo will have an idea.
I was suggesting that maybe some leftover code was causing that problem, but if it's only 1 pixel, it's obviously not that ;)