Load balanced servers installation

Having trouble installing serendipity?
MichaelL

Load balanced servers installation

Post by MichaelL »

I have two intranet servers and want to have the blog on each one. How can I keep data current on both servers? Can I host the data on my staging server, which automatically uploads to each production server? Can I write the data twice - once to each production server.

Any help appreciated. Thanks
kleinerChemiker
Regular

Re: Load balanced servers installation

Post by kleinerChemiker »

A posibility could be useing MySQL cluster and a tool that synchronises the upload-folder.

An other posibility could be, to use a master-server for all the writing queries and severel slaves with mysql replication. You would also need a tool that distributes the upload folder.
MichaelL

Re: Load balanced servers installation

Post by MichaelL »

kleinerChemiker wrote:A posibility could be useing MySQL cluster and a tool that synchronises the upload-folder.

An other posibility could be, to use a master-server for all the writing queries and severel slaves with mysql replication. You would also need a tool that distributes the upload folder.
My publishing environment requires the use of SQLite, and I can't get write permissions for the directories on the production servers. I was hoping to use my staging server as db host and storage, but I don't see a way to make the connection from production to staging. Perhaps some of the config files can be manually edited, but I haven't located anywhere to do that.