New Version Of meta description (event plugin)

Discussion corner for Developers of Serendipity.
hidensoft

New Version Of meta description (event plugin)

Post by hidensoft »

hi every body ,
i am new member of s9y. i do use meta description plugin (event plugin),
that is very good skill , but i do edit one file of that plugin to be expend this plugin.
description :
if user click on the post , plugin only import keyword and description of this post and don't import weblog keyword and description , i think better is plugin import weblog keyword and description before post keyword and description.
i do change code at line (182 - 186 ) in serendipity_event_metadesc.php file , look at default code

Code: Select all

echo '<meta name="description" content="' . htmlspecialchars($meta_description) . '" />' . "\n";
if (!empty($meta_keywords))
    {
         echo '<meta name="keywords" content="' . htmlspecialchars($meta_keywords) . '" />' . "\n";
     }
and new code :

Code: Select all

echo '<meta name="description" content="' . htmlspecialchars($default_description) . ',' . htmlspecialchars($meta_description) . '" />' . "\n";
if (!empty($meta_keywords))
    {
        echo '<meta name="keywords" content="' . htmlspecialchars($default_keywords) . ',' . htmlspecialchars($meta_keywords) . '" />' . "\n";
     }
i hop this change helpfully to have better SEO .
Good Luck.
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: New Version Of meta description (event plugin)

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!

Actually, I would expect that if I do enter meta keywords inside an article, I always set specific ones, and not the ones that I globally use. Keywords should be as specific to a page as possible, so not to "spam" search engines with multiple keywords. So I wouldn't really recommend to do it like this; and whoever does, it would IMHO be better to FIRST use the really individually defined keywords and only put the default keywords AFTER those. Keywords of an article themselve should always have the highest priority...

Best regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
Don Chambers
Regular

Re: New Version Of meta description (event plugin)

Post by Don Chambers »

I use this plugin quite a bit too, and agree completely with Garvin.
=Don=