Kinetic - a magazine and news template

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
Don Chambers
Regular

Kinetic - a magazine and news template

Post by Don Chambers »

Kinetic is a Serendipity template designed for news or magazine focussed websites, or any site that requires content to be grouped by category name. This has been a huge project for me for many months. It may not be for everyone, but I sincerely hope it helps many.

More info on my own blog post: Kinetic Template
=Don=
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: Kinetic -

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!

I can only guess the work that you put into it. It looks awesome and slick, I think it's a must for every striving s9y engineer to be guided by your example and appreciate the power that one can unleash with the s9y templating system and custom options.

I wish you much luck with getting this premium template to the people. I didn't see any obvious links on where to buy the template, though, and what it's pricing is - maybe that can be made more transparent.

Best regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
judebert
Regular

Post by judebert »

Congratulations, Don! I know how much work you've put into this, especially making it easily configurable. The support forum looks fantastic, too.

I'm sure there are many in our community who would love to buy a template like this for their professional websites. It's the highest quality work I've ever seen!
Judebert
---
Website | Wishlist | PayPal
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Thanks Garvin and Judebert.... both of you know you were a big help getting this template together. Many of my requests for modifications to core code and plugins was driven by features now included in the Kinetic template.

@ Garvin - the Kinetic demo site includes a Kinetic feature summary as well as pricing info and optional premium colorsets.

I think this template really demonstrates the incredible potential of s9y!! 8)
=Don=
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

You finally released it :D

This is an amazing piece of work, and although I still have to check it out myself in detail, I can assure everyone contemplating a s9y-powered magazine style site that this is definitely the way to go - if you don't want to hire someone to create a template customized to your individual needs :)

In short, this is Bulletproof for magazine/news style blogs, an easy-to-use framework for building really complex sites way past usual blog concepts. And Don's gonna provide you with valuable, detailed, and competent support, too.

Way to go.

YL
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Thanks YL! I should have let you write the original blog entry - you probably would have done a better job than I did!! :lol:
=Don=
scottblitz
Regular

Re: Kinetic - a magazine and news template

Post by scottblitz »

Consider me amazed - great work there.

SB
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Thanks for the compliments everyone! The price of Kinetic has been reduced for the rest of the month of March. Only the price has been reduced - the template still comes with unlimited support via the support forum, lifetime updates, and the affiliate program, which allows any website owner to earn a commission for promoting Kinetic via their own website! 8)
=Don=
Harald Weingaertner
Regular

Post by Harald Weingaertner »

Man, this is awesome! A great template.

Could you think about an admin demo?
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Thank you for the compliment Harald. Unfortunately, I cannot provide much of an administrative demo... the risk is too great that someone might enter malicious code via the backend.

You can, however, get a pretty good look at all the options via tutorials I wrote on a support forum here: http://www.optional-necessity.com/suppo ... um.php?f=7.

I also posted a relatively new tutorial that shows Kinetic configured as more of a magazine template here: http://www.optional-necessity.com/suppo ... p?f=7&t=26

That particular tutorial is more of an explanation, and not quite the same as the step-by-step instructions for the template configuration options.
=Don=
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Kinetic has been upgraded to version 1.1 with new features and a few fixes. More info here.
=Don=
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Thanks for the kinds words. Any chance you would like to post URLs to some of the sites?
=Don=