Yet another redesign

Here you can post your custom-made, pimped up Serendipity installations, show off what you have achieved and tweaked
yellowled
Regular

Yet another redesign

Post by yellowled »

Hey guys,

being a template designer, I feel it is my right and my duty to revamp my personal blog every now and then. So I did, especially to get rid of all the nasty little bugs my last design had :wink:

So once again, I've revamped http://matthias.yellowled.de/ (my personal blog), and again, I'm eager for praise, criticism, bug reports, ie issues and other comments of any kind.

This is still under construction, and I'm also still mulling over whether to release this template to the public or keep it to myself.

YL
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Looking good.... looks like you are using the technorati logo for your general feed icon in the page footer... that might be a bit confusing.
=Don=
judebert
Regular

Post by judebert »

Mmmm, grungy.

Is that what you want the "no picture found" comment avatar to look like?

The archive page looks a little primitive without the bars. On the other hand, it's probably more useful.

I especially like the way that the background repeat is hard to detect. Nice work!
Judebert
---
Website | Wishlist | PayPal
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

Don Chambers wrote:Looking good.... looks like you are using the technorati logo for your general feed icon in the page footer... that might be a bit confusing.
Thanks, but I have no idea whatsoever what you mean by the technorati logo for the general feed icon ..? Please elaborate.

YL
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

judebert wrote:Mmmm, grungy.
I'm probably gonna hate it in about 3 months when the grunge wave will finally be over, but I can still redesign then, right? :wink:
judebert wrote:Is that what you want the "no picture found" comment avatar to look like?
Until I come up with something better, yes.
judebert wrote:The archive page looks a little primitive without the bars. On the other hand, it's probably more useful.
A friend of mine told me he didn't really like the bars. He thinks they don't really communicate what they actually display, which I think is true in a way. (And besides I think the Joe Average blog visitor never gets to see the archive page anyway :wink:)
judebert wrote:I especially like the way that the background repeat is hard to detect. Nice work!
Thanks. It's more or less a coincidental result of many trials :) Well, actually all it needed was a large enough image (1280x1500, I think), which gives you a looot of space to fill with various stains and dirt. It also has small margins on the bottom and top which makes it easier to repeat without have to make it seamless (which I figure would be pretty much impossible anyway).

YL
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

yellowled wrote:
Don Chambers wrote:Looking good.... looks like you are using the technorati logo for your general feed icon in the page footer... that might be a bit confusing.
Thanks, but I have no idea whatsoever what you mean by the technorati logo for the general feed icon ..? Please elaborate.

YL
The white, blue and black icon in the lower left of the page... that is a Del.icio.us icon but is pointed to your feedburner feed.
=Don=
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

Don Chambers wrote:The white, blue and black icon in the lower left of the page... that is a Del.icio.us icon but is pointed to your feedburner feed.
Shoot, that's a c&p mistake in the theme options :roll: Corrected, thanks.

YL
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

That header is a helluva optical illusion on my lcd monitor!!!! The text looks like it is hovering an inch above the background!!! LOL!!! Anyway, great job!
=Don=
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

Don Chambers wrote:That header is a helluva optical illusion on my lcd monitor!!!! The text looks like it is hovering an inch above the background!!! LOL!!! Anyway, great job!
Dude, that's supposed to be a drop shadow :)

(Yes, it was done with Gimp and not Photoshop. No, I'm still not an advanced user of any graphics software :wink:)

YL