Ported: WP_Premium

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
yellowled
Regular

Ported: WP_Premium

Post by yellowled »

Yikes. I have completed WP_Premium (German/English blog entry), which is my 10th port.

Now I have to start thinking about a pagination for my ports page ... :wink:

YL
subberman77
Regular

Post by subberman77 »

geiles theme. LOB UND ANERKENNUNG DAFÜR!
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

subberman77 wrote:geiles theme. LOB UND ANERKENNUNG DAFÜR!
Remember, this is an English forum :)

(What he was saying is: "Awesome theme. Praise and kudos for porting it!" - Thanks :))

YL
D4nt3
Regular

Post by D4nt3 »

Oh man yellow u do it. i like your ports and everytime i think about it u use them :)
Blog .:.|.:. PhotoBlog
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

I have just been notified that an earlier version of the WP_Premium zipfile includes a security leak. If you have already downloaded it today (2008-04-15), please get a fresh zipfile from my ports page. I have updated the zipfile there. Sorry for the inconvenience.

YL
subberman77
Regular

Post by subberman77 »

yeah, you're right yellow - there are "some" native englisch speaking people in here. :)

take a look at this theme....it would be one of the top3 themes for s9y if you buy it and port it. :) at the moment the best theme i've ever seen.

http://freshnews.premiumnewstheme.com/

greetz alex
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

subberman77 wrote:take a look at this theme....it would be one of the top3 themes for s9y if you buy it and port it. :) at the moment the best theme i've ever seen.
Yeah, right. Ever bothered to read the licence policy for that template? A developer's license is about 250 USD, and I'm not even sure that license would allow me to port it and distribute the port for free ... besides, I know a lot of better things to do with that kind of money :)

And besides, I have promised not to do any more news templates for s9y for some time now :wink:

YL
subberman77
Regular

Post by subberman77 »

i just had to give a try.... :-)
lordcoffee
Regular

Post by lordcoffee »

Once more a great theme!

Two things would be nice to have:

1. What I'm missing is the arrows for the calendar. They doesn't fit very well to the design.

2. The sub categories need gap to show that they are subcategories.

But thats all as far as I can see :-)
Greetings, lordcoffee

Edit: What's not that hard to implement but a nice thing, is the "edit entry" button when you're logged in.
Last edited by lordcoffee on Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

lordcoffee wrote:1. What I'm missing is the arrows for the calendar. They doesn't fit very well to the design.
That's because the original doesn't provide calendar arrows. I'll see what I can do, but it may take some time since I'm busy with other things now.
lordcoffee wrote:2. The sub categories need gap to show that they are subcategories.
I'm afraid that's impossible to implement with this particular design.

YL
lordcoffee
Regular

Post by lordcoffee »

I've edited the plugin_calendar.tpl from the default-theme to fit to the design. I used the arrows wich are already in your template path:

http://www.taeglichanders.de/externalfi ... lendar.zip
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

lordcoffee wrote:I've edited the plugin_calendar.tpl from the default-theme to fit to the design. I used the arrows wich are already in your template path:
That's what I had in mind, too. Thanks for helping me out :)

Edit: Zipfile updated.

YL
lordcoffee
Regular

Post by lordcoffee »

And here is another suggestion:

On top of the sidebar you have implemented the Tabs within the search, archives and categories. The search is the standard active tab. Would it be possible to put a selectbox in template options to choose wich one should be standard? For me it would be nice to have the categories active in standard.

I know I can change the order inside the index.tpl but for other users maybe this could be helpfull

Thanks, lordcoffee
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

lordcoffee wrote:Would it be possible to put a selectbox in template options to choose wich one should be standard? For me it would be nice to have the categories active in standard.

I know I can change the order inside the index.tpl but for other users maybe this could be helpfull
Frankly, I have no idea whether it would be that simple considering there's a piece of javascript involved which created the actual tabs.

I'll check it out later today or tomorrow.

YL
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

yellowled wrote:
lordcoffee wrote:Would it be possible to put a selectbox in template options to choose wich one should be standard? For me it would be nice to have the categories active in standard.

Frankly, I have no idea whether it would be that simple considering there's a piece of javascript involved which created the actual tabs.
As far as I understand the code (Beware! My javascript knowledge is truly limited.), it's not the order in the HTML output which determines the "active" tab but a class which is assigned in the javascript. Since I cannot modify the javascript by a theme option, it is unfortunately not possible.

Someone with more javascript knowledge is welcome to take a look at the code and correct me :)

YL