Bulletproof and IE 5.5 and 6.0

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
Easyfunk
Regular

Bulletproof and IE 5.5 and 6.0

Post by Easyfunk »

Hello,

I have a question on the bulletproof theme (1.2 with s9y 1.2.1). I'm using Firefox under Linux, so today I made some browsershots to see how the site (http://www.welt-hertha-linke.de) looks with other browsers. I fixed some things but was left with one issue. Using Internet Explorer 6 or lower, the text of the right sidebar is not displayed well. Some words are cut. There are around 20% percent of my visitors who are still using IE 6 or lower.
I installed IE 6 on my Linux (arrgh) for testing it. But the Result is the same. I think not everyone has the possibilty using IE 6, so I made a sreenshot:

Thanks for your help!
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

I think your left side bar content for tags is overflowing the container.
=Don=
Easyfunk
Regular

Post by Easyfunk »

Hi Don,

you're right, that's the point. Does anyone has an idea how to fix this. The content of the freetag-plugin is styled by the .serendipitySideBarContent css class, which looks like this:

Code: Select all

font-size: 80%;
padding: 3px;
background-color: #fff;
margin: 0;
So I added the atribute:

overflow:hidden; 
But this doesn't solve the problem. An other idea would be to shorten the tags. But that schould be the last step. Any other ideas?

Thanks!
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

Easyfunk wrote:you're right, that's the point. Does anyone has an idea how to fix this. The content of the freetag-plugin is styled by the .serendipitySideBarContent css class, which looks like this:
You should probably apply it to the container, not just the content.

.container_serendipity_plugin_freetag {
overflow: hidden;
}
Plus, you have overflow: visible; for .serendipitySideBarItem. You may need to overwrite this for said container by adding an !important to the code above.

YL
Easyfunk
Regular

Post by Easyfunk »

Thanks for your advice with this css things. But this doesn't work for me. I added these lines with the !important into my bulletproof css file. But the tags still overflow. I would be grateful for any further information or ideas.

Regards
Enno

Edit:
For now, I made a workaround placing the tags on the right sidebar... :roll: