numblog.de redesign

Here you can post your custom-made, pimped up Serendipity installations, show off what you have achieved and tweaked
mattsches
Regular

numblog.de redesign

Post by mattsches »

Hi all, I successfully moved my blog (German) to a new (better) server, it runs on PHP5 at last. I also upgraded to S9y 1.2, and the layout is built upon Bulletproof.

There are still a lot of smaller things to fix, but all in all I'm quite happy with the new installation. I extended the MyCalendar plugin a little, it imports events from last.fm and/or upcoming, and you can export the events to Google Calendar or any calendar that supports iCal. Apart from that I went easy on plugins, but will add some more in the future.

Some people already complained about the color scheme :wink: I admit some of the colors kinda clash, but that was more or less intended ... after all it's a blog about popular music, right?

Adding a user style sheet to the bulletproof template 1.1 is a great way of customizing your blog, btw. Thanks, guys, for this great template framework, I'm already loving it.

So, what do you think about my blog?
stm999999999
Regular

Post by stm999999999 »

it is a nice template!
Ciao, Stephan
yellowled
Regular

Re: numblog.de redesign

Post by yellowled »

mattsches wrote:Some people already complained about the color scheme :wink: I admit some of the colors kinda clash, but that was more or less intended ... after all it's a blog about popular music, right?
Some suggestions? From top to bottom?

I'd switch the white and pink for the homelink1. I'm sorry, but the pink just ... eow! :wink: Are the two empty navbar links a mistake or a style element? You might want to increase the width for .serendipity_date - it's also used (and cut off in your design) as a header for search results. I'd also make the color for the links in #footer a little lighter, it's very hard to read. Oh, and I really think your favicon is annoying, sorry :)

Other than that: way to go. Reminds me a little of nerdcore.de :)
mattsches wrote:Adding a user style sheet to the bulletproof template 1.1 is a great way of customizing your blog, btw. Thanks, guys, for this great template framework, I'm already loving it.
You're welcome. Glad you folks like it :)

YL
d_cee
Regular

Post by d_cee »

Nice job - and glad that bulletproof framework is proving so useful

Dave
mattsches
Regular

Post by mattsches »

Thanks for your replies!

@yellowled:
I chose the pink on purpose, nobody likes it, but everybody will remember it I guess :wink: yeah, I kinda expected that reaction.

The two empty navbar links will be filled later - can I disable them for now by leaving the input fields in the bulletproof config empty (I don't think so, but it *should* work like that)? You're probably right about the date box ... I might have to come up with a different solution.

About the favicon: A long time ago, I did this as a proof of concept thingy, just wanted to prove someone wrong who said it wasn't possible to use an animated gif as a favicon. And then I sticked to it somehow.

You're right about the footer, too, I have to clean this section up a little.

Thanks again for your comments, any feedback is very welcome ... oh, and thanks for the nerdcore comparison, too :oops:
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

mattsches wrote:The two empty navbar links will be filled later - can I disable them for now by leaving the input fields in the bulletproof config empty (I don't think so, but it *should* work like that)?
Currently not, you'll have to reduce the number of navbar links in the theme options. We might consider this as a future feature. However, the customizable is a sensible area (grandma's performance pennies!), so I can't predict if it's possible - which is also true for a future BP release date in general.

YL