Site Redesign

Here you can post your custom-made, pimped up Serendipity installations, show off what you have achieved and tweaked
chickens
Regular

Site Redesign

Post by chickens »

I redesigned my site last night and thought I would post here to see what the experts think. :D http://zacgarrett.com/

The design itself was based off my old theme with some new colors. The concept for the design was fairly simple, keep it simple. I wanted to not use any images or javascript for the design. I was able to use only a few select images for adding some links. I also use the lightbox plugin which fails rather nicely if you do not have javascript enabled.

I welcome any and all feedback.

Thanks.
stm999999999
Regular

Post by stm999999999 »

nice, clear structured site!
Ciao, Stephan
chickens
Regular

Post by chickens »

stm999999999 wrote:nice, clear structured site!
Thanks, thats what I was going for! :)
mennov

Post by mennov »

Hi there,

Nice site you've made!
I was wondering, how did you made the 'Continue reading' issue?

Maybe it's an option I've overlooked, maybe it's an intelligent piece of coding you did :lol:, but I can't find how to make that.

Grtz
chickens
Regular

Post by chickens »

Thanks!

The continue reading is setup by the extended body section while posting. How I do it is take the part I want in the RSS feed as well as on the index page and put that in the top of the body section. Everything else I put in the extended body section.

I do not remember if its a plugin or not, I've been doing it this way for over 6 months. haha
mennov

Post by mennov »

Ah okay, that's the function of the extended body function :shock:
Thanks...
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

Why not quickly kill the table and switch to all divs? Otherwise, looks great and validates!
=Don=