How do you link thumbnails to fullsize images?

Having trouble installing serendipity?
goanna300
Regular

How do you link thumbnails to fullsize images?

Post by goanna300 »

How does the non-HTML user link thumbnails to fullsize images? I have no problem uploading and managing images. But I sort of expected them to create their own links.

My users will not know how to create links via HTML.

What have I missed this time?

Thanks again... I am gradually getting there and I do appreciate what Serendipity does!

Steve
tomsommer
Core Developer

Post by tomsommer »

Click the "Image" button in the entry editor and select display as link (or something like that)
Tom Sommer (Serendipity Core Developer)
http://blog.dreamcoder.dk
goanna300
Regular

Click the "Image" button and select display as li

Post by goanna300 »

Sorry, Tom...

Can't seem to reproduce what you are suggesting. Whether in simple or WYSIWYG editing mode, the "Image" buttons generate the following dialogue, ie without any "display as" options. (see dialogue below)

Steve

>
Insert Image
Image URL: Preview
Alternate text:

Layout
Alignment: Not set Left Right Texttop Absmiddle Baseline Absbottom Bottom Middle Top

Border thickness: Spacing
Horizontal:

Vertical:
Image Preview:
OK
Cancel
tomsommer
Core Developer

Post by tomsommer »

Use the non-WYSIWYG editor:

Image size:
I want to use the thumbnail in my entry.
I want to use the larger image in my entry.

Image alignment:

Image insertion:
I want to display it as an image
I want to display it as a link to this url:
Tom Sommer (Serendipity Core Developer)
http://blog.dreamcoder.dk
goanna300
Regular

Images and links

Post by goanna300 »

Thanks, Tom

I have no problems with the image links using Serendipity now. But I am sure that none of our users will manage it. Most of them are over 60 years old and seem to handle web browsing and e-mail, but that's their limit.

I guess the current incarnation of Serendipity is for savvy users who want to maintain their own Blog, not a group of contributors.

I think I'll wait for Ver 7.0 and until then just get users to email me their posts.

Steve
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: Images and links

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi Goanna!
goanna300 wrote:Thanks, Tom

I have no problems with the image links using Serendipity now. But I am sure that none of our users will manage it. Most of them are over 60 years old and seem to handle web browsing and e-mail, but that's their limit.

I guess the current incarnation of Serendipity is for savvy users who want to maintain their own Blog, not a group of contributors.

I think I'll wait for Ver 7.0 and until then just get users to email me their posts.

Steve
Yes, s9y is in some ways somewhat for savvy users, but we're always willing to make things easier. If you have any suggestions, please let us know.

Personally I find the image manager (which is also available in the WYSIWYG-editor right on the right side of the picture frame) quite easy to handle for inserting images?

Regards,
Garvin.