Serendipity 1.2-beta1 released!

garvinhicking
Core Developer

Serendipity 1.2-beta1 released!

Post by garvinhicking »

After a long time of development and testing, Serendipity 1.2 is now out in its first release candidate.

There have been quite a lot of changes to the new version. Most important of them all, the authentication and session scheme has been altered to allow easier plugin interaction. Also the backend (master template and template for the entry editor) has finally ben Smartyfied so that they can be changed by template authors.

We would kindly ask all Serendipity users to test this new version to squash any possible showstoppers before the final release.

Please check especially if the login to your admin backend still works flawlessly (especially if you are using https) and if your 'Edit Entry' backend section works just like before. Please report bugs and issues on our Serendipity Forum Board.

Here's a list of other new cool enhancements since Serendipity 1.1:

* Templates for Backend (Entry Editor, Master Template) via Smarty
* New session/login system
* SQLite3, PDO::Postgresql Support
* better IPv6 support
* better HTTP headers to support Caching
* allow to define if a parent category should show entries of child categories on the frontend, or only entries of that exact category
* Bugfix: RSS fullfeed for "let user decide" now properly works
* Bugfix: Saving/sending trackbacks and tracking exit-links works in circumstances involving cached entries
* Bugfix: Place possible dangerous user preference options to group management to prevent unwanted configuration changes

A full list of changes is contained in the docs/NEWS file inside the file archive. Many changes are small bugfixes and user interaction enhancements that all speed up your Serendipity experience.

And most of all: Have fun!
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
yellowled
Regular

Re: Serendipity 1.2-beta1 released!

Post by yellowled »

garvinhicking wrote:After a long time of development and testing, Serendipity 1.2 is now out in its first release candidate.
Hohum ... you mentioned a possible release date several times, the last one I remember was "end of summer", which makes me think something like August or even September ..? I'm not asking out of curiosity, just to have a deadline for bulletproof, i.e. to know when I have to kick Dave's and Don's butts :wink:

YL
dom97
Regular

Smarty error

Post by dom97 »

Getting this error after the Beta upgrade. Everything seemed to work fine including getting the upgrade screen after accessing yoursite.com/index.php for the first time after copying files over. Upgrade screen gave no errors.
I get the below error when trying to access admin area. Maybe I did something wrong in the upgrade? Front end is fine. Users can access the site fine.

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "admin/index.tpl" in /home/content/T/D/r/TDriver/html/bundled-libs/Smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

Is this the right place to post bugs in beta's? Sorry if it is not.
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: Smarty error

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!

yellowled: Well, release dates are sadly always quite hard to guess in an opensource project where few people are involved. I wanted to get the beta out to get more feedback. I hope that a beta-period of 3-4 weeks will suffice, but it all depends on that feedback and how many bugs are found to check it out.

Let's put it like this: The release will not be out in this month. Earliest in July, and I hope latest in august.

Dom97: It seems you forgot to upload ALL FILES from the serendipity release file. ESPECIALLY the templates/default/ folders are important. :-)

Best regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
Col. Kurtz
Regular

Post by Col. Kurtz »

I've just made a fresh installation, the first thing I did was going to the plugin menu to install spartacus. the "install a new event plugin" page starts with this error message:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /www/htdocs/w0089016/s9y/plugins/serendipity_event_contentrewrite/serendipity_event_contentrewrite.php on line 154

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /www/htdocs/w0089016/s9y/plugins/serendipity_event_contentrewrite/serendipity_event_contentrewrite.php on line 154
the installation seems to work though.
Marc
Harald Weingaertner
Regular

Post by Harald Weingaertner »

Works perfect for me :) I use CARL02 for it and i am very happy with it.