Backup of S9Y for installing offline test system

Having trouble installing serendipity?
Thomas
Regular

Backup of S9Y for installing offline test system

Post by Thomas »

Hi,

maybe a fiddly question but I hope that you can help me.

I exported today all tables from my live blog except the authors and config table.
For testing reasons and development I installed XAMPP-lite on my home PC and installed it with the same version of serendipity as I have currently in the live production (0.7.1) with all the modifications and plugins and the template, of course.
Then I dropped the default entries of the plugins table and finally imported the sql file I downloaded from my life environment. Everything went fine, phpMyAdmin didn't mention any error.
Well, then there was the big awake. In the database I see everything as I have it in the live blog but s9y does not display any entry anymore in the middle. I also tried to generate a new entry - without success. The block with the id "content" stays empty for some reason.
But in the administration panel I can modify every entry in the local database.

Can someone help me to get it working? I searched already the php files for an option to debug s9y without success - of course (man, sometimes I feel like a moron).

Regards, Thomas
Thomas
Regular

Post by Thomas »

Hi,

well, I figured out why nothing was displayed.
I have static pages on my website and the Romulus plugin caused that problem. I had to delete the static pages from the plugins menu and everything's allright now - except that the static pages are not stored locally.

But generally it was a good test to proof how a crash situation can be recovered for your S9Y blog.
I'd say partially it's working when you export your data using phpMyAdmin. Only the HTML nuggets and the static pages are not working for some reason. I tried it several times in many ways (adding serendipity_entries, *_entrycat, ...). All ended up with the result that the nuggest and static pages are not working properly anymore.

For the RSS export/import I tested successfully the import to the local blog using that feature with the result that every entry was added in the categorie where it belongs to - 100% success! Good job guys.

Only the thing with the nuggets and static pages should be somehow reengineered. The user should be able to export all the data and import it again if he needs, without changing too much. This should be added for backup reasons.

Regards, Thomas
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

All plugin data is stored in serendipity_config, which is why you should always migrate that table as well and only adjust the path/DB settings afterward.

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/

Post by Guest »

Hi,

actually I exported/imported that table also but I left out the authors and the config table.

Regards, Thomas