Changing the way images display

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
TKS
Regular

Changing the way images display

Post by TKS »

Say I wanted to change the way images display in a post...perhaps give them that Kodak picture border that makes them look professional as opposed to just being a picture.

Where do I alter this at?
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

The media manager uses its own styles, which are separate from the usual img styles, I've pasted the styles from the artisitic template below, just add these to your styles.css and then edit them the way you want;

Code: Select all

/* Embedded images with the s9y image manager */
.serendipity_imageComment_center, .serendipity_imageComment_left, .serendipity_imageComment_right {
	border: 1px solid #f1f1f1;
	background-color: #F5F5F5;
	margin: 5px;
	padding: 5px;
	text-align: center; }

.serendipity_imageComment_center {
	margin: auto; }

.serendipity_imageComment_left {
	float: left; }

.serendipity_imageComment_right {
	float: right; }

.serendipity_imageComment_img, .serendipity_imageComment_img img {
	margin: 0px;
	padding: 0px;
	text-align: center;
	border: 0px; }

.serendipity_imageComment_txt {
	border-top: 1px solid #f1f1f1;
	margin-top: 3px;
	padding: 3px;
	clear: both;
	font-size: 8pt;
	text-align: center; }
Hope that helps,

Carl
TKS
Regular

Post by TKS »

Carl,

I wasn't able to change appearance by altering this :/ I'm using your Andreas8 port altered by myself @ http://linux-blog.org

I've also found one other problem...that is with where the digg links are displayed...e.g. http://linux-blog.org/index.php?/archiv ... eeded.html

No matter if I put them at the bottom or the top, I get an oddly trunctuated digg link. I'd like to alter both that and the images to appear more appealing to my visitors (border for the images).

Do I need to just skip all these questions and take your theming tutorial? :D
TKS
Regular

Post by TKS »

I just thought also that perhaps I should update the theme? I noticed on your page there was an updated version (I'm running the very first port you made available.)
skixc
Regular

same issue...

Post by skixc »

Did you ever figure this out? I tried using the styles given above, but they do not seem to effect anything.

Thanks so much!
TKS
Regular

Post by TKS »

No I haven't been able to figure it out either.

I can't change the appearance of images on my blog.
judebert
Regular

Post by judebert »

If you provide a link to an entry with images you'd like to have formatted, we can try it out in real-time and provide a better solution.
Judebert
---
Website | Wishlist | PayPal
skixc
Regular

here is the solution

Post by skixc »

edit serendipity_editor.js file. Images are stored "in-line" as html in each entry body. Therefore, the code is only effected if you re-insert the image. You can create a class for the images and add the class to the image tags starting at line 210 of the above file. After you add the class, you will need to re-insert the image. That is not the most efficient - does anyone know if it would easy to use the TinyMCE text editor with serendipity? It has better image management - including interfacing with Gallery and allowing for easier styling of images from the editor....thanks