My personal Homepage

Here you can post your custom-made, pimped up Serendipity installations, show off what you have achieved and tweaked
Blood Angel
Regular

My personal Homepage

Post by Blood Angel »

So, here it is, not yet fully completet, but it is almost finished.

http://www.hendrik-luehrsen.de

I'm still trying to figure out which gallery suits me best, but I'm working on it.

MfG
Hendrik
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

Very groovy, love the way you've put that together. Design is really nice and clean, everything looks likes it supposed to work together.

Also, I dig your userbars, you've goit a real talent there.

My only bit of advice, try making the background image (the blue background with the light source in it) fixed. In your stylesheet add 'no-repeat' to your background style.

Carl
Blood Angel
Regular

Post by Blood Angel »

Thanks for the advice, havent really ever noticed, that "bgproperties" in the <body> tag is IE only. Well, wieder wat gelernt... ;) (learned something more)

This was my first try in blogging AND smarty, so many things are very new to me, I kinda threw myself into template editing without even knowing what I'm doing, so there is still very much work for me to be done to polish the template to let it become the way I want it to be.

Regards,
Hendrik
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

For a first effort its very good. Can't wait to see what else you can come up with, and then of course I'm going to start piling on the pressure to get you to release a template for other users as well... :wink:
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

carl_galloway wrote:For a first effort its very good.
That's almost reserved - I think it's awesome. Great graphics, which are modern, but not really 'web 2.0' (sigh!), and also integrated rather subtle into the design. Great job.

YL
Blood Angel
Regular

Post by Blood Angel »

YellowLed wrote: Great graphics, which are modern, but not really 'web 2.0' (sigh!)
Thank you... is it bad to be "old school"? I don't think so, I dont want do press myself into a template. But this page is just a very restraining attempt on blogging, it is more a profile for myself to introduce me to the people. I'm currently thinking about a "low graphics blog only" template for my website.

Unfortunatly the current template is a bit tight so serendipity can't unfold its full power, but I'm thinking about making a second frontend (blog.hendrik-luehrsen.de) for the page with its own (similar) template that works together with the script.

Well, lets see, but after about 3 weeks of designing and coding I've got to do a movie... :D

Edit:
Eh, I have to mention, that the site is fully dynamic and can be administrated and expanded from everywhere. The page headers are generated dynamicly and my backend contains a code editor and built in FTP script.
So adding a new page is more or less 2 clicks... :D
yellowled
Regular

Post by yellowled »

Blood Angel wrote:
YellowLed wrote: Great graphics, which are modern, but not really 'web 2.0' (sigh!)
Thank you... is it bad to be "old school"?
Not at all - personally, I love it. I can't stand most of the colors used for typical web 2.0 designs. I wouldn't even call your graphics 'old school'.

However, I'm (like most of us template guys) easy to impress with graphics since my own aptitude with Gimp is rather poor :wink:

YL
Blood Angel
Regular

Post by Blood Angel »

Ah, okay... ;) Maybe someday in the future I'll release some heavy graphic templates for serendipity...

Anyways, another question: Where do I find the parser for the title links? (that thing that makes the links to the blog entrys)
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!

I believe you mean the 'serendipity_makeFilename' and 'serendipity_archiveURL' functions? This is in include/functions_permalinks.inc.php.

Best regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
Blood Angel
Regular

Post by Blood Angel »

Thats it... :) Thanks...

btw.

function_permalinks.inc.php -> Lines 105 - 116 -> Double Code or intended?
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!
function_permalinks.inc.php -> Lines 105 - 116 -> Double Code or intended?
What do you mean?

Best regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
Blood Angel
Regular

Post by Blood Angel »

nvm, my mistake... misread the code...
Elaine
Regular

Post by Elaine »

The Christmas trees look a little out of place, but otherwise looks good.