Subscriber Level Authentication

Creating and modifying plugins.
shannon

Subscriber Level Authentication

Post by shannon »

Hi there,

If I want to limit some of my blog content to only registered subscribers... is there a plug-in for this already?

I would want to tag certain entries with either 'open to all' , level 1 access, level 2 and level 3 access and depending on the readers subscription level determine if they can access individual entries.
I'd like to display a subscribe option if they try to view an entry that requires a subscription

It almost looks possible with plug-ins like but not Exactly like:

- User Self-Registration - but not as authors, just to access certain tagged entries
- Authors (displays entries by author) - but I need to hide certain entries to unregistered users
- Hide entries for non-registered users - THIS sounds like what I want but the description only provides 1 option... number of days before the article disappears... how can someone become a registered user?

hmmm, well, just thinking out loud... and I really don't feel like I understand the plug-in api enough to write it myself but maybe with some guidance I can modify a plug that's close...

Thanks, Shannon
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: Subscriber Level Authentication

Post by garvinhicking »

Yes, this exists since Serendipity 0.8 (currently not yet released, but already quite usable) as a plugin: "Extended properties for entries". Give that a try :)

However it's not as sophisticated as you may want it to work - it won't show entries for not logged in users at all. The plugin could be modified to do so, but I'm currently out of time to do this. And to be honest, this feature more sounds like a CMS and not a blog ;-)

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/