nothing in archive

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
smkumass

nothing in archive

Post by smkumass »

I would first liek to start out by saying that this package is very impressive.

Everything in the installation went smooth until i posted a new entry. The admin enter saved it was saved and then i went back to the weblog and it appear but then I try the header of the message and I get a 404 with the "*titleofpost*.html" I may be missing something but I have created the new archives folder and allowed all users to access to it but I am not getting any of the html version after I create a new entry.
Shanness
Regular

Post by Shanness »

Sounds like a config problem with Apache, s9y uses 404's to "fake" URL's to allow indexing by search engines.

Try adding something similar to this to your httpd.conf file

<Directory "/var/www/html/blog">
AllowOverride All
</Directory>

Change the directory to suit yours.
cmhw

Where are the archive files?

Post by cmhw »

I am new to Serendipity. I've got it working locally (Apache 2.0.43 on Windows 2000) and the database connections etc are fine. I can create entries etc and they appear on the main blog page correctly.

But when I click on the heading - or any of the "archive" links on the calendar etc - I just get a file-not-found error. I've tried the "AllowOverride All" workaround, but that didn't work either.

Can anybody explain to me how this archive stuff is supposed to work, or point me towards some more information on the topic?

I'm very impressed with Serendipity generally - it's easy to install and to customise etc. But I really need it to work as well, if I'm going to put it onto my website!

Thanks.
flavour
Regular

Post by flavour »

Use the latest snapshot from the CVS and in your admin panel you will find an option to disable URL rewriting. That should fix your problems.