entry title as image in custom fonts - possible?

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
mattsches
Regular

Post by mattsches »

This thread is getting long, but that's ok, I guess 8)

@abdussamad: Thanks for the links.

@RobA: About detecting if GD is installed, maybe you/we could use gd_info() for this?

I plan to work on the plugin this weekend, any updates will then be announced here. Let's hope there won't be any problems with the upgrade to Edgy Eft :wink:
d_cee
Regular

Post by d_cee »

Hi Mattsches
mattsches wrote:(I wonder if there's an online collaboration platform for coding, something like writeboard for PHP?)
You can use writeboard for code, I use it often, just wrap your code like this

Code: Select all

<pre><code> put your code here, even on multiple lines </code></pre> 
HTH

Dave
mattsches
Regular

Post by mattsches »

Alright folks, the new version 0.4 is online. Now supports both the sIFR and the GD-based methods. Six different free fonts included. Be sure to read the docs because from now on you must edit your templates for this to work. Oh yes, the default colors suck, but what the heck ... as long as it's running :lol:

I hope that some of you will install and test the plugin - and report any bugs, errors, or ideas for improvement. Please!

Regards
- Mattsches

PS.: If someone knows a way how to feed an HTML string to smarty (instead of a title) without having to edit a template, please let me know :wink:
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

I'm looking forward to try this out, the config screen is a lot more detailed than it was before, and the GD seems to work on my test server at localhost, but I need to add your code to a template to test it properly.
mattsches
Regular

New version 0.51

Post by mattsches »

After Rob A has released his Dynamic Text Replacment plugin, I decided to remove all the GD stuff from my plugin again - for the time being. Reason: For using sIFR only, you don't need to edit any templates. So I cleaned up the code a little bit, and I added more config options. I also renamed the plugin to serendipity_event_imagereplacement. Not sure if this is the standard, but most of the plugins are named that way :wink:

For now, I'd like to consider this release "feature complete". If any bugs are found, I will fix them, but I won't put too much work into this plugin in the next time because I want to pay more attention to the microformats plugin.

Feel free to download the imagereplacement plugin from my plugins page.

- Mattsches

PS.: Please report if the character encoding is broken, switching back and forth between Win and Linux, UTF-8 and ISO-8955-1 all the time doesn't make things easier :roll: