Contextual 'Recent Entries' plugin

Creating and modifying plugins.
Ianardo
Regular

Post by Ianardo »

I never hide the fact that I use Serendipity!
When someone hires me singularly they are hiring me for my design skills.

I'm actually a Cartoonist and Illustrator by trade and fell into web design by accident - I love the problem solving challenges that it brings up.

If I need to do a 'proper, grownup' website from scratch I work with my pal Steve who is a sh*t hot programmer.

One day i'd like to add a theme or three. The problem is, most of mine tend to hack the code of plugins and static pages so aren't really stand-alone.
I'm going to get back to my 'Rattler' project soon - one for the kids I hope. Then maybe some more illustrative templates if that works. Something with Robots or Cartoon characters maybe. I'd love to do some with existing characters (Flintstones, Top Cat, Marvin the Martian etc.) but fear the copyright problems that might cause.
75% of people make up three quarters of the World's population!
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

Ian I hope I didn't imply that you hide your affiliation to Serendipity, its quite clear you are proud to be able to use serendipity, and the very fact that you leave the s9y.org backlink in your sites speaks for itself.

I was referring to the webdesign agencies who obfuscate their use of Serendipity. My site has a lot of tutorials so my logs may generate more referral ip's than other users would notice.
judebert
Regular

Post by judebert »

Holy Cow! That's a Serendipity site? Nice job! It looks like a static HTML page set.

I especially like the minimalist shadows and borders. Blue and green aren't my favorite colors, but those simple, rectangular borders really are cool. Especially the way the baloon goes across the two rectangles in the header.

Of course, it's probably a single header image, but just because you know how the magic's done doesn't make it any less magic. And it combines with the other elements very smoothly.

Again, good job.
Judebert
---
Website | Wishlist | PayPal
Ianardo
Regular

Post by Ianardo »

I hope I didn't imply that you hide your affiliation to Serendipity,
I didn't think that for one second Carl! :-)
Of course, it's probably a single header image,
Two actually.
Based on the 'CoSTa's Nature Theme v0.5'
:-)
Ianardo
Regular

Post by Ianardo »

I'd just like to point out that my category problem above is now included in Serendipity and that duplication of the Recent Categories plugin is now no longer necessary.

You can achieve all of the above by just installing multiple 'Recent Entries' plugins in Admin/Configure Plugins and by allocating the desired category to each.

You then install the 'Toggle Sidebar State' event plugin (For some reason only available on the website - not via Spartacus) and tell it to show each 'Recent Entries' plugin only when that category is visible.

Thanks guys for making my job a whole lot easier.