Trouble using TinyMCE - Whole blog appears in emoticons popu

Creating and modifying plugins.
vincem
Regular

Trouble using TinyMCE - Whole blog appears in emoticons popu

Post by vincem »

I've just browsed through most TinyMCE-related posts in here and can't seem to find an answer to my problem, so I'll post yet another cry for help ;-)

I've just installed TinyMCE and finally got a relative path to it into the plugin that actually makes the new entry page load correctly with TinyMCE displayed.

However when I click on the "add image", "emoticons" or "web link" icons, the small popup window that comes up contains my entire blog instead of the appropriate emoticons or image selection entry fields...

I sense it might still be relative path-related, but since I am getting TinyMCE to load, I can't understand how I could only get the path right at loading but not for the icons of the toolbar...

Cheers!
judebert
Regular

Post by judebert »

It is very likely path-related. Serendipity writes the .htaccess file to redirect all unknown paths to the blog front page, so anything with a bad path will display your blog instead.

And what a big blog it is! I can see how that might cause trouble.

The trouble likely lies in the the TinyMCE configuration somewhere. It's called from the Serendipity blog directory, but it calls its own sidebars from its own directory, or something. You might get more specific help on their forums.
Judebert
---
Website | Wishlist | PayPal
vincem
Regular

Post by vincem »

Got it! Not really sure how I fixed though. I took what you said for granted (path-related issue), uninstalled the plugin, reinstalled it, and tried every path configuration methodically. And on my second attempt, it was working. I could swear I'd tried that one before, but oh well, it works!

Thanks for the help!

Vince