Applying a Major Change to the Layout

Having trouble installing serendipity?
semaiyya

Applying a Major Change to the Layout

Post by semaiyya »

Good morning every one

I was looking for a blog in OpenSourceCMS and found Serandipity to be the best one. But, in order for me to shift, I must apply two changes (one is major and the other is minor).

First, I am looking for arabic language pack to attract my users (minor). Second, I should change the Layout of the blog and the text direction ,... , to (RTL) right to left.

Can any one direct me on these two issues? By the way, it will be the first time for me to deal with PHP (I am a Java developer).

Thanks
Say No to Microsoft
d_cee
Regular

right to left

Post by d_cee »

Hi semaiyya

if you select "RTL-Languages v0.1" as your template in the style manager in your admin area your text will then run from right to left.

I'm afraid I can't help with the arabic language but I'm sure someone else will

Dave Cummins
judebert
Regular

Post by judebert »

Serendipity doesn't have an Arabic language pack. We're a volunteer project, and nobody has volunteered to do it yet. Maybe you can take a stab at it? Maybe one of the currently support languages listed below can help you:

bg - Bulgaria
cn - China
cs - Czech Republic
cz - Czechoslovakia
da - Danish
de - German
en - English
es - Spanish
fa - Persian
fi - Finland
fr - French
hu - Hungary
is - Iceland
it - Italian
ja - Japanese
ko - Korean
nl - Dutch
no - Norwegian
pt - Portugese
pt_PT - European Portugese
ro - Romanian
ru - Russian
se - Swedish
ta - UTF English?
tn,tw - Taiwan Chinese
tr - Turkish
zh - Traditional Chinese

In particular, I thought Persian (fa) was also a right-to-left language with non-Latin characters.

The language files are in the lang directory. It's a simple matter of translating a bunch of key strings into your language.
Judebert
---
Website | Wishlist | PayPal