[Suggestion/request] photoalbum

Creating and modifying plugins.
azel
Regular

Post by azel »

I keep getting (sort of) weird results with this plugin. My gallery keeps showing the main directory as having a certain number of images, though there are no images in the directory itself, just subfolders.

In other words, I can't get my gallery display to look like yours, SHRIKEE.

My gallery is located here: http://aetheric-shade.org/index.php?/pages/gallery.html
flatloop
Regular

Post by flatloop »

SHRIKEE is the expert, but on my gallery, I put my photos in a sub-dir of uploads. When I add media for my blog, it goes into the uploads dir. Thus giving the root directory a number. I'm not certain that is the case for yours, but it is with mine.
SHRIKEE
Regular

Post by SHRIKEE »

Hi there i took a look at your website...

I think you mixed 2 plugins? Or how else did you get the images underneath the gallery listing.

anyway.

As seen on http://www.sothq.net/pages/gallery.html
this is my folder structure:
- Gallery Display (0 images)
- my-house (49 images)
- holidays (0 images)
--- france-2003 (13 images)
--- scotland-2004 (24 images)
--- turkey-2005 (25 images)
- hardware (1 images)
--- fileserver (13 images)
--- watercooler (18 images)
--- soundsetup (5 images)
--- router (14 images)
- guildwars (13 images)
- random (8 images)

my plugin settings:
http://www.sothq.net/pages/gallery.html ... image]=213
http://www.sothq.net/pages/gallery.html ... image]=214

Ive just added the page to the list with the static pages plugin.

maybe this helps
My kingdom For i am king of my heap of trash

Developing code on:
Workstation: Windows 2000 sp4, TSW webcoder 2005
Server: fedora core 4 amd64, apache 2.0.54, php 5.0.4, mysql 4.1.11.
azel
Regular

Post by azel »

Thanks for the replies. I guess I can live with how it looks, I just thought I had done something wrong. ^_^
SHRIKEE
Regular

Post by SHRIKEE »

i dont know if you did anything wrong. but the way it looks to me you have 2 plugins mixed up causing it to show like this.

Developing code on:
Linus
Regular

Post by Linus »

Hi!
are you planning to support comments for the pictures in future?
And maybe someone could tell me an easy way to display a random picture of my media-library in the sidebar - I don't know how to do that in the easiest way. Eventually someone got an answer...
that would be awesome :)
Greetings Andi
SHRIKEE
Regular

Post by SHRIKEE »

support comments? like a description?
If so thats out of the scope of usergallery. But i heard Serendipity is planning on it. When that happens usergallery will be updated to support it.

A sidebar plugin is not available now. Ive been thinking about it though. Maybe matt can work something out on that part...
Currently im working on another update of usergallery to make it show exif tags.

Developing code on:
mgroeninger
Regular

Post by mgroeninger »

SHRIKEE wrote:A sidebar plugin is not available now. Ive been thinking about it though. Maybe matt can work something out on that part...
I have the outline of one, but I need to flesh it out more (decide if it links to something, caching so the image rotates after a period of time, etc)... I will post when I have a chance to finish it...

If anyone has any suggestions/features, please feel free to message me.
SHRIKEE
Regular

Post by SHRIKEE »

well i think one or two random images in the sidebar would be sexy, also that if the image is clicked its shown fullsized asif you click a thumbnail in the gallery. Thats how most sidebar images work.

Developing code on:
Linus
Regular

Post by Linus »

Yes that would be great!
Concerning the comments.... I thougt that visitors can leave comments to the pictures - not only a description.
SHRIKEE
Regular

Post by SHRIKEE »

ahh.

well that is out of the scope of usergallery aswell and not supported by serendipity as far as i know.

usergallery is merely meant to display images and therefor creating image galleries instead of using 3th party scripts like gallery or flickr.

but... when serendipity does support commenting on images maybe something can be worked out to make usergallery compatible. no promises though.

Developing code on:
flatloop
Regular

Post by flatloop »

Hi guys,

Gotta say, I still love this plugin. The more I'm using it, I'm finding idiosyncracies (sp?) and I'm not sure if it's me, my installation, or something actually buggy. I'll do my best to explain....

First off, I can't sort photos in sub directories. I can click Media Library, and it will list ALL the photos and traverse my sub directories and show those as well. When I try to filter the results to a certain directory, it says there are no images (there are, trust me). Minor inconvenience but I'm reporting it none the less.

Secondly, when I want to rotate a photo, the screen refreshes and takes me back to the VERY begining of the library and the end result is the photo was not turned.

Lastly, this is cosmetic, but the most annoying of the bunch. My user gallery is in a sub directory of my media library.. like so.

Code: Select all

./uploads
     |-Photos
When I add media to my blog it uploads to the root (/uploads) so it does not get mixed in with my gallery. The problem is I now have got more than 20 pieces of art in my blog and the Gallery page has the 'Previous' and 'Next' headers and footers with no Photos in between. The no photos is okay, I don't want them, but I don't want the header/footer either. If I'm not making sense, check it out here
mgroeninger
Regular

Post by mgroeninger »

When I try to filter the results to a certain directory, it says there are no images (there are, trust me).
What version of Serendipity are you running?

Could you check the images table in your database (default is serendipity_images) and verify if the paths are correct? Specifically, do the paths have two backslashes in them?

How did you add the images? I assume you copied the images over to the directory tree and then used the "Rebuild thumbs" option?
Secondly, when I want to rotate a photo, the screen refreshes and takes me back to the VERY begining of the library and the end result is the photo was not turned.
Are you using imagemagick or gd?
The problem is I now have got more than 20 pieces of art in my blog and the Gallery page has the 'Previous' and 'Next' headers and footers with no Photos in between.
You are the second person to have this problem so I believe it is a bug... What settings are you using for the usergallery plugin (a screen shot might be helpful, since there are alot of them)? Do you have any folder names that repeat? (Something like uploads/test/test or something)

Would you be willing to zip up your images and let me download them to see if I can recreate the problem? (Send me a private message if you want to do this... so you don't have to post your filesystem publically..)
SHRIKEE
Regular

Post by SHRIKEE »

also, are you using a linux based server and if so which webserver do you use?
a list of uncommon plugins, tweaks and stuff like that.

might be helpfull

thanks

Developing code on:
flatloop
Regular

Post by flatloop »

mgroeninger wrote:What version of Serendipity are you running?
mgroeninger wrote:Could you check the images table in your database (default is serendipity_images) and verify if the paths are correct? Specifically, do the paths have two backslashes in them?
If I'm looking in the right place, there is only one backslash. The only other thing is that there is a row that shows a path that doesn't exist anymore, but that path had no photos in it anyway.
mgroeninger wrote:How did you add the images? I assume you copied the images over to the directory tree and then used the "Rebuild thumbs" option?
You assume correctly
mgroeninger wrote:Are you using imagemagick or gd?
Ummm, both? In the plugin settings I told it to use imagmagick
mgroeninger wrote:You are the second person to have this problem so I believe it is a bug... What settings are you using for the usergallery plugin (a screen shot might be helpful, since there are alot of them)? Do you have any folder names that repeat? (Something like uploads/test/test or something)
Screenshot01
Screenshot02

There are no duplicate folders, there are different folders with files of the same name, but the files have separate content.
mgroeninger wrote:Would you be willing to zip up your images and let me download them to see if I can recreate the problem? (Send me a private message if you want to do this... so you don't have to post your filesystem publically..)
There are almost 1500 photos, are you sure you want me to do this? Would some sort of remote access be better? I think I can trust you, can't I? :wink:
SHRIKEE wrote:also, are you using a linux based server and if so which webserver do you use?
a list of uncommon plugins, tweaks and stuff like that.
Debian Linux w/ Apache2 and PHP 4.4.2-1
Plugins...
Sidebar Plugins
Event Plugins

Phew, that's a long post, even for me.