just a curiousity question about plugins

Creating and modifying plugins.
onegear
Regular

just a curiousity question about plugins

Post by onegear »

i've installed and am using the Spartacus Event Plugin. will this plugin "show" me all of the available plugins or are there some that i will need to search for and install myself?

there's some functionality that i would like to ad to my blog but can't seem to find the plugin that will allow for this.

thanks for the information.
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: just a curiousity question about plugins

Post by garvinhicking »

That's right, the spartacus lists all of the "official" plugins that are available via CVS. At least I do not know of any s9y plugin that is not listed there and made public.

If you tell us what you're looking for, I could tell you if there's a plugin for that. :-)

I'll be away for the weekend, so don't hold your breath *g*

Best regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
onegear
Regular

Post by onegear »

thanks for the reply, garvin.

you're not allowed to go away for the weekend until my issues are resolved...... :-) :-) :-)

there are a couple of things that i'm trying to do.

1. i would like to create extra pages. is this possible? i would like create pages for posting my resume, maybe an "about me" or "about this site" page, etc.

2. is it possible to post external links to other pages in a format other than the way the "links" plugin works? don't get me wrong, the links plugin is great. i'm just trying to post links so the reader won't have to click on "open" or "close" to view the links.

as always, thanks for all the help you given me over the past few weeks with getting my site up and running. :-)

-chad
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

Onegear,

1. You need the static pages plugin, if you look at my themes site you can see how these work

2. I've tried that as well, I'm not sure how to answer this question. I believe that there may also exist another links plugin that doesn't use the javascript tree menu, and I'm sure it was avail throught spartacus, but I could have seen it on another users site so this answer might not help.
mgroeninger
Regular

Post by mgroeninger »

2. is it possible to post external links to other pages in a format other than the way the "links" plugin works? don't get me wrong, the links plugin is great. i'm just trying to post links so the reader won't have to click on "open" or "close" to view the links.
I may be misinterpetring your comment, but have you fiddled with the options the linklist plugin has? The default view is categorical, but there are other options... If you change "Order links by: Choose how to order the links for display." to other types of output, your users will not have to open and close categories to view the links. Custom is especially powerful, as it allows you to control the output order.

If you have a specific requirement, feel free to let me know.
mgroeninger
Regular

Post by mgroeninger »

carl_galloway wrote:2. I've tried that as well, I'm not sure how to answer this question. I believe that there may also exist another links plugin that doesn't use the javascript tree menu, and I'm sure it was avail throught spartacus, but I could have seen it on another users site so this answer might not help.
So far as I know, there is only the one plugin, but it is pretty powerful. It has five ordering modes (Alphabetical, Categorical, Custom, and two date modes), configuration options for link display, and two different methods of displaying collapsible categories.

The only thing I can think that it might be missing that you would like to use would be a non-collapsible category view. I have generally ruled that out since any listing deeper than two categories is likely to mess up the columns...

Would it help if I offered an option (probably only to the pure css display method) to default the tree to open? I could also make this plugin search the current theme for the css and images, if that would make it easier to use...

edit: For reference, you can enable the pure css output by disabling 'Use "dtree" styling' on the configuration.
onegear
Regular

Post by onegear »

thanks for the replies, everyone! i was able to get the links plugin to do what i need. it is quite powerful. many, many options.

i'm loving serendipity more and more each day!

i just installed gallery2 on my webserver and i plan to link it with my blog. this really is a lot of fun! :-)

thanks again!
mgroeninger
Regular

Post by mgroeninger »

The linklist plugins have been updated.

serendipity_plugin_linklist version 1.7 now supports (for the css display) the categories being open on page load.

serendipity_event_linklist version 1.5 allows themes to define linlist css by placing a serendipity_event_linklist.css or serendipity_event_dtree.css file in the theme folder.

Both are in CVS, and should become available in the next few hours or so.
onegear
Regular

Post by onegear »

thanks for the update. i just upgraded to the newest version of each.

:-)
onegear
Regular

Post by onegear »

carl_galloway wrote:Onegear,

1. You need the static pages plugin, if you look at my themes site you can see how these work

2. I've tried that as well, I'm not sure how to answer this question. I believe that there may also exist another links plugin that doesn't use the javascript tree menu, and I'm sure it was avail throught spartacus, but I could have seen it on another users site so this answer might not help.
thanks, carl. this was very easy to do.

:-)