Css Not always loading ?

Found a bug? Tell us!!
Mecca
Regular

Css Not always loading ?

Post by Mecca »

I have a problem where when i load my page about every second or third time (sometimes) the page loads but its like the it forgot to add the template lol. Anyone have this problem?

Re: Css Not always loading ?

Post by Guest »

Mecca wrote:I have a problem where when i load my page about every second or third time (sometimes) the page loads but its like the it forgot to add the template lol. Anyone have this problem?
Do you have mod_gzip enabled? What's your browser?
Mecca
Regular

Post by Mecca »

Yep mod_gzip in enabled and i was using explorer but as soon as i swithed over to firefox it didnt happen again. which is ok for me but without getting into a browser debate i would like to get it working for explorer too if i can :)
nohn
Regular

Post by nohn »

Mecca wrote:Yep mod_gzip in enabled and i was using explorer but as soon as i swithed over to firefox it didnt happen again. which is ok for me but without getting into a browser debate i would like to get it working for explorer too if i can :)
the problem is that ie has nonreproducable problems with compressed stylesheets. so

a) disabling mod_gzip or
b) tuning your mod_gzip configuration to not compress stylesheets

with apache2 and mod_deflate this should be no problem by changing the output filters for text_css. with apache 1.3 and mod_gzip I'm not shure how to do this
Mecca
Regular

Post by Mecca »

Well i just recieved an email from my hosts. They tell me that .css is already excluded from mod_gzip. By "nonreproducable problems" do you mean microsoft knows about the bug but cant squash it?
wese
Regular

Post by wese »

Mecca wrote:Well i just recieved an email from my hosts. They tell me that .css is already excluded from mod_gzip. By "nonreproducable problems" do you mean microsoft knows about the bug but cant squash it?
Microsoft? :)
Ur telling me your host is running IIS? *doh where i got my Apache Flag*
ImageDo your Part! Join now.
Mecca
Regular

Post by Mecca »

HELL NO LOL. Its an apache server running on linux.
Its just that the css problem is only happening with IE (Which is prolly not the best but until firefox distributes a few million more copies is the biggest lol, so it is an issue i need to address)

the problem is that ie (Internet Explorer) has nonreproducable problems with compressed stylesheets
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

Tell them to also exclude ".css.php" files :-)
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
Mecca
Regular

Post by Mecca »

Doh. I must of looked at that file a hundred times looking for an answer lol.
Thanks for that Garvin :D
nohn
Regular

Post by nohn »

Post by Guest »

ergs. right post in the wrong forum...

anyway.. with apache2 you also could exclude the content-type, no regard what the filename is.