Removing a theme

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
d_cee
Regular

Removing a theme

Post by d_cee »

Hi
on my themes site, themes.daves.me.uk, I've inadvertently loaded a theme through spatacus which now appears in the template chooser dropdown. As the site is a showcase for my own themes I'd like to delete this additional theme from my templates directory but I can't, I don't have permission!

Is there some way I can do this or do I need to contact my hosting company and ask them to change the permissions on the folder and contents?

thanks

Dave
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: Removing a theme

Post by garvinhicking »

Spartacus downloads files with the PHP user you configured and assigns privileges as you configured within Spartacus.

If your FTP has no permissions over these files, you need to use the fixperm.php script as outlined in our FAQ to use PHP for changing the file/directory permissions.

Best regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
d_cee
Regular

Post by d_cee »

Thanks Garvin

it's a shame my searches only bring up the right results when I search for the right thing!

I've removed the files/folder no problem. Is there some way I could have changed the folder permissions recursively so that I could have deleted the folder and contents all at once instead of file by file?

cheers

Dave
carl_galloway
Regular

Post by carl_galloway »

Dave, does your host provide a web-based ftp program within its control panel? If so then use that because it will be using the correct user permissions to delete things. Speaking from experience.

Carl
d_cee
Regular

Post by d_cee »

Hi Carl
carl_galloway wrote:Dave, does your host provide a web-based ftp program within its control panel?
Unfortunately not - I use cyberduck (mac OX 10.4.3) for all my ftp .

cheers

Dave