Ladybird b0.9.1 Themes download

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
donlau

Ladybird b0.9.1 Themes download

Post by donlau »

http://themes.daves.me.uk In Ladybird b0.9.1 Themes,
There can download, thanks

Because too is really beautiful
肥仔一隻.......
eLokLau.com
d_cee
Regular

Post by d_cee »

Hi donlau

glad you like the 'ladybird' theme. I expect to finish it over the weekend and then release it.

keep checking back here.

Dave
judebert
Regular

Post by judebert »

Dave,

You'll especially want to check it out on donlau's site. The "Sticky Entries" at the top of the page needs a background, or it's easy to overlook; likewise, the "November 2005" page has a "No entries to print" message that gets lost; and of course, the archive page needs a retheming.

Probably already on your checklist, but I figured you should know.
Judebert
---
Website | Wishlist | PayPal
carl_galloway
Regular

my two cents

Post by carl_galloway »

I was hoping to have a look at the site in question but the theme seems to have been replaced with ?the original? theme, anyway, I've made the mistake in the past of doing exactly the same thing as Dave, release a theme for preview, and then someone starts using it, discovers the bugs, and stops using it, which is a shame because they were never intended to be used in the first place. I guess thats the wonder of the Internet, but it does pose a problem for supporting the theme in the future. You never know what version someone is using.

And on theat note, I wonder if we should introduce some sort of versioning into themes, it doesn't need to be anything too dramatic, maybe just a version number in info.txt? To begin with we could simply add it to the theme name, but the best option might be an extra tag that s9y recognizes and displays within admin suite. Would that work?

Carl
d_cee
Regular

Post by d_cee »

Hi Jude & Carl

I'm not sure how it got on donlau's site as it's not in my download area yet, it's only in the drop down.

Good suggestion from Carl about versioning themes - I gave both 'ladybird' and 'camouflage' version numbers just so that I would know where I was up to myself on the list of things to still to do.

I agree about the sticky postings being lost - it's now on my (growing) list. Archives (and Tagged entries) both need the same changes I think. I was checking things out in firefox today with corner radius's back and it was looking really good. I'll put another version up tomorrow sometime I hope! One thing I would like Judebert, if you've got the time - a fixed width version. I think it would look great.

Dave
donlau

Post by donlau »

to Dave&Carl&jude

Very happy your message,But my English too is bad.
After therefore will want tomorrow to wait for my elder brother to translate can reply you,Gratitude
肥仔一隻.......
eLokLau.com
judebert
Regular

Post by judebert »

Actually, Dave, I'm currently cooking something up for the contest. No idea if I'll be done in time, though. I'll look into a fixed-width version after that.

I just hate fixed-width. Maybe we could compromise, and go for fixed-width in EMs?
Judebert
---
Website | Wishlist | PayPal
d_cee
Regular

Post by d_cee »

Ah yes, the contest. I'm not sure if I'm ready to enter anything myself.

But a fixed width 'ladybug' in EMs at maybe 70%, that would look interesting. And there's no rush. When the competion is over and v1.0 is out seems good.

Dave
donlau

Post by donlau »

Dave

thanks you Themes, see me site http://eloklau.com
肥仔一隻.......
eLokLau.com
d_cee
Regular

Post by d_cee »

Hi Donlau - glad to see the theme in use on your site - great background image too.

And I love the photos of 'Super Dog' - though he would have benefitted from putting his pants on for the shot where he's sat down! ;)

thanks for the feedback

Dave