Test your themes

Skinning and designing Serendipity (CSS, HTML, Smarty)
carl_galloway
Regular

Test your themes

Post by carl_galloway »

Hi all,

This a general request to all theme designers whether current or no longer active. With the impending release of version 1 of serendipity, a lot of new users might start to appear, and some of our themes are known to not work in some situations.

I have created a theme tester and have uploaded as many of the publicly available themes as I could find. Would all theme designers take a moment to review their own theme within this and make sure you're happy with it before version 1 is released. In this way we can make sure new users aren't disappointed with their new blog.

If you no longer wish to maintain your theme, please make a comment here and let someone else have a go, it would be a shame if all your hard work wasn't continued.

Also, I don't have unlimited bandwidth, and this is on a shared server, so please don't crash it.

If you have any comments, please make them here so everyone can benefit. Over the next few days I will be adding additional posts and comments etc to give the themes tester some more authenticity.

Cheers
Carl
d_cee
Regular

Joshua Tree theme

Post by d_cee »

Great idea Carl - the theme tester. I tried my 2 col Joshua Tree theme, which of course didn't like the left sidebar. I've used your code fix so both sidebars now sit on top of each other on the right which works really well and updated the zip file at my download site see http://www.s9y.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4237

Dave