New theme - SFII

Here you can post your custom-made, pimped up Serendipity installations, show off what you have achieved and tweaked
gwilsonmail
Regular

Post by gwilsonmail »

Great looking theme.

It opens a bit too wide on my screen - 1024 x768 (actually 2048 x 768 with 2 monitors) and i have to scroll left and right. This is because i don't want your window to fill the screen, and I have a toolbar at the left of the screen making the screen a little narrow than 1028

you need to set it up so the main section resizes automatically as the window is resized - the MT-Rusty template re-sizes itself.

That google map and location of your visitors is really neat - I just zoomed right into your street address!

The local weather isn't much use without the name of the city on it! Not sure if that is your weather or my weather being displayed.
===========================
I see you are in London, ON. I'm in Ottawa, ON. For those Europeans reading this - We are 7 hrs apart by car, yet in the same province!

It would take me two days of driving west to get to the next province (Manitoba), yet only 10 mins to get to the one to the east (Quebec), eh.
gw
hmesker
Regular

Post by hmesker »

Looks great! How do you do these dropcaps?

Harmen.
gwilsonmail
Regular

Post by gwilsonmail »

Your site does fit in 1024x* but what site designers forget is that some readers either don't have their browser window open full width or they have a toolbar on their desktop, reducing the width by maybe a few 10's of pixels.

The result is scroll bars - which is not a problem unless you have information worth looking at on the far right. You have useful stuff at the far-right - if it was just google ads it wouldn't be an issue because i would be bothering to scroll there, i'd just ignore it.

Similarly designers forget that users now have multiple toolbars and the height is never 768.

A perfectly designed fixed-sized 1024x768 webpage looks really bad when the viewable area is reduced by toolbars inside the browser or from the desktop. The simple solution, at least for width is the resizable centre column.

For height the secret is to not put anything important in the bottom portion of the website.
gw
gwilsonmail
Regular

Post by gwilsonmail »

Great job - I love the width change (obviously).
gw
AAA

Post by AAA »

can someone update this template for Serendipity 0.9.1
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Post by garvinhicking »

AAA: It should work with Serendipity 0.9.1! Where do you have a problem?

Regards,
Garvin
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/