HTML tags available?

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
CapriSkye
Regular

HTML tags available?

Post by CapriSkye »

Hello, I was just wondering what html tags are available to writing an entry.
And if it's possible to disable all, so everything appears as the way i write it, even including html tags, basically no formatting at all.
and what does serendipity_event_s9ymarkup plugin do?
thanks in advance.
judebert
Regular

Post by judebert »

I'm using pretty much any HTML tag I want, including DIV, B, P, BR, PRE, STRONG, EM, UL/LI, TABLE, and ACRONYM. Class and style attributes are working for me, too. Even onClick and other JavaScript tags work.

I did turn off the NL2BR markup plugin, but only for entries; I figured people who make comments won't want to put in their own P/BR tags.

Serendipity markup (the serendipity_event_s9ymarkup) does very simplistic styling; it's designed for speed, rather than features. It converts asterisks, slashes, and underscores to bold, italic, and underlines, respectively. Thusly:
  • *asterisk* => asterisk
    /slash/ => slash
    _underscore_ => underscore
Of course, you could remove all your markup plugins; I don't think it'll have any negative effect on your blog itself, except for the folks who leave comments. Most of the markup plugins include configuration options for where they'll be applied; I'd recommend setting them all to comments only, instead of removing them.