PostgreSQL Problems

Having trouble installing serendipity?
Lunatic666

PostgreSQL Problems

Post by Lunatic666 »

Hi!
When installing the latest release, PostgreSQL (7.4.2 running on FreeBSD 4.10) produced a lot of syntax errors.
The table that contains the categories was not created at all.
I created the table manually but I was not able to save new entries. Again Syntax errors were the problem.
As I'm working daily with Postgres I'm very used to it!
If you like I could patch the SQL-Scripts and submit them to you. I just installed the mySQL Version (Which works very good!) and can adjust the working statements to work with Postgres.

Let me know if you want me to fix that Postgres Bugs
Greetz and keep up the good work :)
Obedience through Suffering...
garvinhicking
Core Developer

Re: PostgreSQL Problems

Post by garvinhicking »

Hi!

Our lead-postgresql-developer is currently quite busy, so we only have mysql-installation for debugging. Even though we tried to stay as compatible as possible, you are right that there may be some bugs.

We would greatly appreciate if you could look into that and provide a patch! That would be awesome, thanks in advance. :-)

Regards,
Garvin.
# Garvin Hicking (s9y Developer)
# Did I help you? Consider making me happy: http://wishes.garv.in/
# or use my PayPal account "paypal {at} supergarv (dot) de"
# My "other" hobby: http://flickr.garv.in/
Lunatic666

Post by Lunatic666 »

@garvinhicking
I was very busy this week :cry:
But now!!! Thank god it's weekend!

I created a dump of the MySQL Tables and coverted it to PostgreSQL.
I saw that you used some kind of tags (are these smarty tags?? I haven't used this technology yet, but I know what it does. I hope...)

Could you please tell me what script file you execute when the user clicks the "install" button??

I also inserted additional Foreign Key Constraints and indices, but I don't know where to write them. Do you first execute the db.sql and then, depending on the database, execute the "Updates" ??

It would help me a lot if I'd knew some basics about your php- and database structure

Regards
Wolfram.
Obedience through Suffering...
marcderooij
Regular

An error in the search

Post by marcderooij »

Hello,

I'm new to Serendipity, and 'm also using PostgreSQL. I'm glad to see I don't have the problems described above (good job, jaaaay! :-) ), but there is still a bug. The search function alwars returns this error:
Warning: pg_query(): Query failed: ERROR: syntax error at or near "AGAINST" at character 909 . in /local/home/marc/.html/blog/serendipity_db_postgres.inc.php on line 63
Your search for hello returned 1 results:
No entries to print.
Mayby you can fix this as well?

Greetings,
Marc

PS. Sorry a have to post a bug-report here, I'm not really trained in bugzilla-kind of bugreports if you might use those.