[Solved] Display Title/Author/Date only...

Having trouble installing serendipity?
CuteCode

[Solved] Display Title/Author/Date only...

Post by CuteCode »

Hi everybody.

So I have installed Serendipity and it works fine. I applied the Bootstrap 4 theme as I usually work with Bootstrap all the time. This went well and all is fine. Next, I put my own HTML and CSS into that Bootstrap template by editing index.tpl and entries.tpl and so now the blog looks fully embedded on my site. It's all going well so far, it looks great....

Next, I added a couple of small blog entries, just two, then I noticed....

When I go to the /blog to access my blog, those two articles I wrote are displayed one above the other (and I have set 10 to appear on each page). But it isn't listing titles to click on. All blog wording appears on one page.

I just want the main page to show title, author and date, the article itself is then viewed when clicked on.

If you would like to see what I am talking about please take a look at cutecode.co.uk/blog

You will see both articles on one page. I just want the titles to appear then people can click to read.

Can I do that?

Thanks if you can help.
CuteCode

Re: [Solved] Display Title/Author/Date only...

Post by CuteCode »

OK, so I fixed the above problem of the entire articles appearing on the main blog page instead of only the Title, Author and Date appearing.

All very easy. Not sure why I didn't see it before....

When writing your blog article, anything placed in the <i>Body Entry</i> box will appear with your title and author and date.

Anything written in the <i>Extended Body</i> box will only appear after the title it clicked on.
onli
Regular

Re: [Solved] Display Title/Author/Date only...

Post by onli »

To be fair, I took years before I understood how those two editors are supposed to work. It's not really well explained in the UI (and hard to do, I think). Great that you solved it :)