2k11 and Footer Plug-In?

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
Huhu
Regular

2k11 and Footer Plug-In?

Post by Huhu »

Since my seach didn't turn up any good results, I'd like to drop the question here ... sorry if it already exists somewhere:

Using the fantastic 2k11 theme, is it possible to have a Footer Plug-In (as "Sidebar Plug-in") instead of just left & right?

I am using such with the Timeline template, but can't find a way to use it with 2k11.
Post-apocalyptic Jugger sports: What is Jugger? Video I Free ebook on the sport
onli
Regular

Re: 2k11 and Footer Plug-In?

Post by onli »

To my knowledge that's not possible. The themes have to define in advance where the sidebar areas are (as either a hook in the Smarty tpl files or by defining the complete html output code), and with 2k11 the footer area was not a target iirc. You'd have to add that by adapting the theme - is that something you would like to do?
Huhu
Regular

Post by Huhu »

onli wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:21 pm You'd have to add that by adapting the theme - is that something you would like to do?
Would like to? Absolutley! Having time is more the issue there ;) But I'll try. I'll check the Timeline set-up and have a look how it's done there.
Would have to adapt both the front-end and the sidebar plug-in admin templates, I guess. With the best chances to create a complete mess on the way, but that's where time factors in ...
Post-apocalyptic Jugger sports: What is Jugger? Video I Free ebook on the sport
Don Chambers
Regular

Post by Don Chambers »

I know a guy who knows a guy... LOL

Onli is correct - themes/templates/whatever we call them define where plugins can emit their data. Its been a really long time since I have worked s9y code, but I am really proud of where we as a group have come! I am happy to help where and when I can.
=Don=