Google Sitemap xml not generating

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
Huhu
Regular

Google Sitemap xml not generating

Post by Huhu »

I just installed the Google Sitemap plug-in (thanks!) but it doesn't seem to generate the sitemap.xml.gz file. Can't find it in the base FTP path.

I am sure I am missing something simple, so ... any hints of why this could be? The s9y installation in question does only contain few articles (ca 6) and a reasonable number of menu links.
Post-apocalyptic Jugger sports: What is Jugger? Video I Free ebook on the sport
yellowled
Regular

Re: Google Sitemap xml not generating

Post by yellowled »

Huhu wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:11 amI just installed the Google Sitemap plug-in (thanks!) but it doesn't seem to generate the sitemap.xml.gz file. Can't find it in the base FTP path.
My first idea would have been that maybe you're on a host which does not support gzip compression, but then I read that in that case, the plugin will automagically fall back to just a sitemap.xml (and return to .xml.gz if gzip becomes available).

Another idea (which depends on the server setup) would be that the plugin (most likely the web server user) does not have write permissions in the "base FTP path".

YL
Huhu
Regular

Post by Huhu »

Problem solved ... though not sure how :)
I generated a custom sitemap.xml, uploaded it via FTP, and since then, s9y overwrites and updates it regularly, as intended.
Seems as if s9y had problems creating the sitemap.xml file itself.
Post-apocalyptic Jugger sports: What is Jugger? Video I Free ebook on the sport
EvaShinQ

Post by EvaShinQ »

Duuuude, how did you fix that?! I am trying to fix this stupid thing for the last couple of days, and nothing actually works. I am really tired and annoyed by this sh*t. I have also tried to generate the custom sitemap.xml and after that to upload it through the FTP, however it still does not want to work. It keeps on giving me a freaking error, saying that the app is not read to work. I am so freaking tired of these XML Sitemaps, I am going to start using the HTML Sitemaps, as they are less problematic.