Admin Activity Comments page blank (code 500) after Bayes plugin update

Found a bug? Tell us!!
erAck
Regular

Admin Activity Comments page blank (code 500) after Bayes plugin update

Post by erAck »

After plugins update of serendipity_event_spamblock_bayes from 0.5.5 to 1.1 the Activity Comments page (serendipity[adminModule]=comments) is completely blank, not any HTML code is generated. Server's access_log says HTML code 500 but error_log is silent. For a (very) short overview of latest comments there's only the small Comments section in the general admin page.

Fwiw, temporarily moving the plugins/serendipity_event_spamblock_bayes/ subdirectory makes the page display again, so it's definitely related to that plugin.
onli
Regular

Re: Admin Activity Comments page blank (code 500) after Bayes plugin update

Post by onli »

You will need to find out where the error is logged. It is definitely written down somewhere. You can follow guides like https://stackify.com/php-error-logs-guide/ to see your configuration, but it should be by default in /var/log/apache2/error.log.

The new version changed a lot. It's likely here that the new b8 is throwing an error - maybe there is a PHP version requirement I'm not aware of. Which version are you using?
erAck
Regular

Post by erAck »

PHP 7.1.33

I'll try to activate a PHP error log later.
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

Actually possible that I tested this only on 7.2 and 7.4.
erAck
Regular

Post by erAck »

Nothing in PHP error_log, but switching to PHP 7.2 helped..

With display_errors=On I got this with 7.1:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 2 passed to b8\storage\storage_base::__construct() must be an instance of b8\storage\object, instance of b8\degenerator\standard given, called in /s9y/plugins/serendipity_event_spamblock_bayes/b8/b8.php on line 130 and defined in /s9y/plugins/serendipity_event_spamblock_bayes/b8/storage/storage_base.php:108
Stack trace:
#0 /s9y/plugins/serendipity_event_spamblock_bayes/b8/b8.php(130): b8\storage\storage_base->__construct(Array, Object(b8\degenerator\standard))
#1 /s9y/plugins/serendipity_event_spamblock_bayes/serendipity_event_spamblock_bayes.php(346): b8\b8->__construct(Array, Array)
#2 /s9y/plugins/serendipity_event_spamblock_bayes/serendipity_event_spamblock_bayes.php(352): serendipity_event_spamblock_bayes->initB8()
#3 /s9y/plugins/serendipity_event_spamblock_bayes/serendipity_event_spamblock_bayes.php(264): serendipity_event_spamblock_bayes->rate('http://techrigh...')
#4 in /s9y/plugins/serendipity_event_spamblock_bayes/b8/storage/storage_base.php on line 108
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

I'll push an update that raises the PHP requirement to 7.2.
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

https://github.com/s9y/additional_plugi ... 7b35090712 is the commit. Thanks for the report :)
erAck
Regular

Post by erAck »

Thanks for fixing and pointing into the right direction :)