Upgrade, how to do the manual steps?

Having trouble installing serendipity?
Stefan-486534

Upgrade, how to do the manual steps?

Post by Stefan-486534 »

Hi,
I did an upgrade from 2.14 to 2.3.1 and I have these steps
I tried to click the "do it" button, it said the success, but then it detected the upgrade and redirected back to the upgrade check page, in endless loop.
I clicked "I do it manually" and every thing looks OK so far, but how can I do the step manually aka what do I have to do?
Any hint would be nice :)

Code: Select all

2.2.0-beta2 - Update .htaccess file
Adds a new "documentation.*.html" rewrite rule exception to allow calling plugin documentation URLs.
2.2.1-alpha2 - Swap value forcemoderation
If force moderation of comments is activated, activate the new option moderation_auto
deedw
Regular

Re: Upgrade, how to do the manual steps?

Post by deedw »

I have excactly the same problem. If I click "Yes, do it" it tells me that everything went fine. If I want to visit the blog it tells me that I have updated.

I have clicked now "No, I do it manually". But I have no idea what I should do manually. The link do the FAQ is too generic for beeing a real help.
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

We would have to manually add a more detailled explication on what the upgrade tasks do to support the manual upgrade action. That's sometimes complicated :/

The two tasks shown in this thread are not that abd if not being run. Forcemoceration is probably off, the rewrite rule just an enhancement.
deedw wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:42 am If I want to visit the blog it tells me that I have updated.
It showed the page to restart the upgrader? Even after a reload?
deedw
Regular

Post by deedw »

It showed the page to restart the upgrader? Even after a reload?
Yes, even after the reload. Like an endless loop.

Now I cannot check this of course, because after clicking "No, do it manually" it won't appear.
deedw
Regular

Post by deedw »

How can I check which version of Serendipity is active? My url: http://www.deesaster.org/blog/

Best regards
Dee
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

Visit your login page and look at the footer. It writes what it thinks is active:
Betrieben mit Serendipity 2.3.5 und PHP 5.6.40