Feedback thread for board design

Random stuff about serendipity. Discussion, Questions, Paraphernalia.
thh
Regular

Re: Feedback thread for board design

Post by thh »

onli wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 10:15 amDo you still feel that is an issue after the recent change to also bold the title of the thread/forum? Otherwise we could remove that and make the background yellow like with a new post.
I'd prefer a yellow background, instead of or in addition to the bold titles. It would make it much easier to skim the new posts. (This board is just one of four or five quite active boards I follow, not to speak of several hundred - not so active ... - newsgroups and some mailing lists, so anything that saves time does help. Or is there a way to show only threads with new postings?)
MarioH
Regular

Post by MarioH »

You can display all unread posts over the "Quick Links" (in german: Schnellzugriff) menu on top of the page.
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

I just pushed a commit that will swap the bolded titles with a yellow background, if everythings works as planned. https://github.com/s9y/theme_board/comm ... 8620b9079e
MarioH
Regular

Post by MarioH »

Maybe we should disable the mouseover effect then. For now you can't see if the forum/topic's backgroud is yellow because of it's unread or the mousepointer is on it.
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

I wouldn't mind removing the mouse hover effect, but I also do not think that it is a problem. The moment the mouse cursor is moved this becomes clear :)
thh
Regular

Post by thh »

onli wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 6:38 pm I wouldn't mind removing the mouse hover effect, but I also do not think that it is a problem. The moment the mouse cursor is moved this becomes clear :)
+1

That has worked - for me ;) - with the old board design, too.
onli
Regular

Post by onli »

I unstickied this now, the design is not new anymore.